Push notifications for smart phone
2011.Mar.13, 10:01 PM
RE: Push notifications for smart phone
(2011.Mar.13 04:14 PM)zenith Wrote:  Adding SMS texting functionality requires things beyond the scope of the server at the moment. However, email is already set up and functioning, so notifications via email would be a simple addition. Since I know some would rather get an SMS instead of a text, there are solutions. Many cell providers have email addresses for email-to-SMS functionality, and this type of notification would work if you can provide your phone's SMS email.

I know for Verizon, a cell number is simply your number plus area code @vtext.com (in the US). So your phones SMS email would be something like 5552346789@vtext.com without the leading 1. I'm not familiar with the other carriers however nor am I familiar with numbers outside the US, so perhaps others can add some additional details.

The questions are:
  1. Is email notification sufficient?
  2. What do you want to be notified about? Attacks? Game mail? Logins?
  3. How much information do you want in a notification?
  4. Should it be only available for players with donator days? (To eliminate notifying players no longer playing.)

speaking of this, when is this new ajax heartbeat system coming out?

Now is the time for me to rise to my feet. Wipe your spit from my face. Wipe these tears from my eyes. Ive got to take my life back, one chance to make it right. Ive gotta have my voice be heard and bring meaning to this life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Push notifications for smart phone - ditallica - 2011.Mar.13 10:01 PM