Algorithm used to compute war results?
2010.Feb.23, 10:15 AM
Algorithm used to compute war results?
I have been keeping spread sheets on my gangs wars since last October. After studying the results, I have noticed results that puzzle me. When we are attacked, a moderate resistance (400-500 damage dealt) by counter-attack, reduces the loss of gang points significently.
Of course, no defense at all results in the greatest loss of gang points. Strangely, when we offer a strong defense by counter-attack, we lose almost as many gang points as we do when we do not defend at all.

This seems to suggest that when we are opposing a gang who we have little hope of defeating, the best defense is to mount a moderate defense by counter-attack, then allow them to win the war. I do not support surrender, and have not investigated the results when this is done.

In my humble opinion, this is contrary to real world situations. If you can only win a war at great cost to yourself, you will hesitate in declaring war against such a valiant opponent, and choose your opponents more carefully. If the cost of winning is too great, you should not wish to oppose that opponent again. Conversely, a strong defense should make the war wore rewarding esthetically to both parties and not cost the defender nearly as much as no defense at all.

Messages In This Thread
Algorithm used to compute war results? - Airdawg - 2010.Feb.23 10:15 AM
RE: Algorithm used to compute war results? - Airdawg - 2010.Feb.23, 04:02 PM
RE: Algorithm used to compute war results? - BenDover - 2010.Feb.23, 07:10 PM
RE: Algorithm used to compute war results? - badmanbren - 2010.Mar.01, 02:56 PM