AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Algorithm used to compute war results?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Airdawg

I have been keeping spread sheets on my gangs wars since last October. After studying the results, I have noticed results that puzzle me. When we are attacked, a moderate resistance (400-500 damage dealt) by counter-attack, reduces the loss of gang points significently.
Of course, no defense at all results in the greatest loss of gang points. Strangely, when we offer a strong defense by counter-attack, we lose almost as many gang points as we do when we do not defend at all.

This seems to suggest that when we are opposing a gang who we have little hope of defeating, the best defense is to mount a moderate defense by counter-attack, then allow them to win the war. I do not support surrender, and have not investigated the results when this is done.

In my humble opinion, this is contrary to real world situations. If you can only win a war at great cost to yourself, you will hesitate in declaring war against such a valiant opponent, and choose your opponents more carefully. If the cost of winning is too great, you should not wish to oppose that opponent again. Conversely, a strong defense should make the war wore rewarding esthetically to both parties and not cost the defender nearly as much as no defense at all.
Its a game you freak, not real life! Get an f'n clue!
i always thought you didn't loose points unless you got pvp'd
and its Freak part duex

Airdawg

Actually I have had a pretty wonderful real life.

I sang professionally in nightclubs, on stage, radio and TV, and I am in a large choir now. I was in the Memphis Open Air Theater and the Memphis Front Street Theater. I sang rock & roll, theater, pop and gospel music. I have been involved with four theater groups in West Tennessee. I graduated from High School with Tommy Cash (Johnny's Brother) and have known all the members of the Cash family for years. Through then I met Roy Orbison, Jerry lee Lewis, Elvis Presley and many others before they ever became famous musicians.
I spent 23 years in the USAF in Aviation Electronics working on C-124, C-130, KC-135, and B-52 aircraft. I worked on the Bomb/Nav Computer and Radar on the B-52E. I was a field engineer for Honeywell Process Control Division, and a maintenance supervisor in an aluminum plant. I served in Belgium, Panama, Ecuador, Colombia, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee and Mississippi with the USAF. I have lived in Arkansas and Tennessee since leaving the AF.

I have an Electrical Contractors License in the State of Tennessee. I have a BS in Computer Science, and an AS in Aviation Electronics. I have worked as a computer programmer in industrial process control and done component level repair in electronics, radio and TV, and computer maintenance. I am a substitute teacher for the local school district, teaching middle school, and high school.

I am a writer. I wrote a computer column for 10 years for a newspaper, The City News, in Jackson, TN and was a staff reporter for a county newspaper, The Carroll News Leader, for six years. I am published on the Internet. I have written reviews of games, movies and books, and many interviews with authors, writers, actors and directors. I was privileged to write one of James Doohan's (Scotty on StarTrek) obituaries. I was a friend of his.

I am a friend of Dave Arneson, one of the founders of Dungeon and Dragons and TSR. I have written modules for the RPGA, and alpha and beta tested RP games for the Flying Buffalo Game Company. I am a Master Level GM registered with Wizards of the Coast and the Role-Playing Gamers Association, RPGA #150309.

I started gaming in the 70's playing Chain Mail. I have played AD&D, D&D (all four editions), Shadowrun, Battletech, Call of Cthulhu, Blackmoor, and many other game systems. I have been running a D&D adventure in Greyhawk on-line for 6 years, and a Gamemaster's, Pathfinders game on-line for three years. I wrote one of the first character generators ever written for AD&D second edition, published in the Commodore magazine.

I am a prison Chaplain serving in the Carroll County Tennessee Penal System. I have a two hour radio show, "Legends of Country Music" (starting in two weeks) on one of our local radio stations, WVHR 100.9 FM.

I have two children and four grandchildren. Both my children are medical professionals. My son is a genetic research scientist at St. Jude Hospital. I have been married for 45 years, and I will be 70 years old in April 2010. I am drawing three full retirements and the benefits from a 401K that I rolled into an annuity. I live in a two-story log (3572 sq. ft.) home with a full basement (that I built with my own two hands) on seven acres of land, 2.5 miles from a 1000 acre lake. I am now able to do whatever I want to do to entertain myself.

I was attempting to address an issue that I thought would make the AwakenedLands game more realistic and more fun for all of the players. If that makes me a freak I embrace that with much gusto.

---

Those are my credentials. Other than being able to write caustic comments in foul language, Dingus/ Chance the Hairy Fairy, WHAT are yours?
(2010.Feb.23 04:02 PM)Airdawg Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I have had a pretty wonderful real life.

I sang professionally in nightclubs, on stage, radio and TV, and I am in a large choir now. I was in the Memphis Open Air Theater and the Memphis Front Street Theater. I sang rock & roll, theater, pop and gospel music. I have been involved with four theater groups in West Tennessee. I graduated from High School with Tommy Cash (Johnny's Brother) and have known all the members of the Cash family for years. Through then I met Roy Orbison, Jerry lee Lewis, Elvis Presley and many others before they ever became famous musicians.
I spent 23 years in the USAF in Aviation Electronics working on C-124, C-130, KC-135, and B-52 aircraft. I worked on the Bomb/Nav Computer and Radar on the B-52E. I was a field engineer for Honeywell Process Control Division, and a maintenance supervisor in an aluminum plant. I served in Belgium, Panama, Ecuador, Colombia, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee and Mississippi with the USAF. I have lived in Arkansas and Tennessee since leaving the AF.

I have an Electrical Contractors License in the State of Tennessee. I have a BS in Computer Science, and an AS in Aviation Electronics. I have worked as a computer programmer in industrial process control and done component level repair in electronics, radio and TV, and computer maintenance. I am a substitute teacher for the local school district, teaching middle school, and high school.

I am a writer. I wrote a computer column for 10 years for a newspaper, The City News, in Jackson, TN and was a staff reporter for a county newspaper, The Carroll News Leader, for six years. I am published on the Internet. I have written reviews of games, movies and books, and many interviews with authors, writers, actors and directors. I was privileged to write one of James Doohan's (Scotty on StarTrek) obituaries. I was a friend of his.

I am a friend of Dave Arneson, one of the founders of Dungeon and Dragons and TSR. I have written modules for the RPGA, and alpha and beta tested RP games for the Flying Buffalo Game Company. I am a Master Level GM registered with Wizards of the Coast and the Role-Playing Gamers Association, RPGA #150309.

I started gaming in the 70's playing Chain Mail. I have played AD&D, D&D (all four editions), Shadowrun, Battletech, Call of Cthulhu, Blackmoor, and many other game systems. I have been running a D&D adventure in Greyhawk on-line for 6 years, and a Gamemaster's, Pathfinders game on-line for three years. I wrote one of the first character generators ever written for AD&D second edition, published in the Commodore magazine.

I am a prison Chaplain serving in the Carroll County Tennessee Penal System. I have a two hour radio show, "Legends of Country Music" (starting in two weeks) on one of our local radio stations, WVHR 100.9 FM.

I have two children and four grandchildren. Both my children are medical professionals. My son is a genetic research scientist at St. Jude Hospital. I have been married for 45 years, and I will be 70 years old in April 2010. I am drawing three full retirements and the benefits from a 401K that I rolled into an annuity. I live in a two-story log (3572 sq. ft.) home with a full basement (that I built with my own two hands) on seven acres of land, 2.5 miles from a 1000 acre lake. I am now able to do whatever I want to do to entertain myself.

I was attempting to address an issue that I thought would make the AwakenedLands game more realistic and more fun for all of the players. If that makes me a freak I embrace that with much gusto.

---

Those are my credentials. Other than being able to write caustic comments in foul language, Dingus/ Chance the Hairy Fairy, WHAT are yours?

Wow, you really just took the time to put together a lengthy retort like that?

Nobody cares about your credentials, freak.
(2010.Feb.23 04:02 PM)Airdawg Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I have had a pretty wonderful real life.

---

DAMN!! That is longer than Dingys forehead!

---

[Image: arrgghh.gif]
This smells badly of Dingus multi

---

nice blag
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's