Gang ideas for allies
2008.Dec.06, 12:46 AM

*Read the whole thing*

Good thoughts bro,
when it comes down to it though, I think the effort involved in setting up a system like this, and keeping it balanced and maintained would outweigh the actual gameplay benefits from it.

It seems simple enough,
but so much work has gone into the gang maintainance, and gang battle mechanics that adding something like this into it might make it more complicated and cluster-fudged that it is intended to be.

While you make some good points,
if it ain't broke..,

Ochram's razor here,
I'd say.

All things being considered,
the simplest solution is always the best.

I've played a lot of online games,
and have always been impressed with Zen's ability to keep the gameplay fun, balanced, and innovative, and while I'd agree some of the proposals have merit, they'd overcomplicate gang mechanics more than they probably need to be.

It's a fine line to walk I'm sure, as a game programmer to keep things fresh and fun, while still trying to achieve gameplay that is intuitive and not overwhelming, and I'd say that in a lot of circumstances, keeping things more basic makes the game and gameplay more approachable, and serves to keep the game fun, exciting, without being overtly complex as to scare off new / potential members

::edited for typos, 1:49AM here, and the wine is influencing my spelling -_-::

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns

Messages In This Thread
[] - Scorpious - 2008.Dec.06, 12:38 PM
Gang ideas for allies - Scorpious - 2008.Dec.03, 07:03 PM
[] - Scorpious - 2008.Dec.05, 07:56 PM
[] - Mock8800 - 2008.Dec.05, 08:43 PM
[] - Prophesy - 2008.Dec.06 12:46 AM
[] - OceanGypsy - 2008.Dec.25, 11:31 PM