Meh, Where's the Official Review?
2009.Sep.27, 04:43 PM
RE: Meh, Where's the Official Review?
(2009.Sep.27 02:01 PM)zenith Wrote:  XP for attacking "stacks". So multiple people can get the same XP for one opponent. No one really complains about this, since it provides extra XP.

Now that I reread all the posts, the notion of the complaints is dawning on me. It's not the possibility of extra money being generated out of thin air that is really the complaint (but that's what I was thinking about). The issue that is being discussed here is the fact someone lost more money than they should have all at once. If the attacks didn't happen all at the same time, the victim would have been in the hospital with 1/3rd the loss in that instance than normal.

I'll review everything that has happened and go over some possible solutions for preventing the issue in the future without adding unneeded lag to the game. Anything needed on behalf of the SVs participating I am sure will be appropriate. Just give it some time while I go over what happened in the logs.

And no I wasn't ignoring the issue. I had some internet issues the last few days, so I couldn't even access the site without some extreme lag (10-15 min lag).

I must be an idiot because I have played this game for almost 3 years (minus a few months of fed jail time) and I had no idea two people could attack the same player. I do remember talking about the possibility of 2 people teaming up on a stronger player & that idea was shot down.

If I knew it then I probably would have coordinated with others when I cred-mugged in the past. In reality though, the mug system was set up for a certain amount of wealth ti be taken at any one time. Not any one time X 3. If that was the intent and I am misinformed then I would ask why have the limit in place at all? Why not let me mug someone for 100% of their cash every time & then I don't have to wait on them getting back to fair.

Def. not fed jail worthy but I personally think the additional funds from multi-simultaneous mugs should be returned.

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meh, Where's the Official Review? - catalyst - 2009.Sep.27, 12:23 AM
RE: Meh, Where's the Official Review? - biffbaffboff - 2009.Sep.27, 12:53 AM
RE: Meh, Where's the Official Review? - Thor - 2009.Sep.27, 10:15 AM
RE: Meh, Where's the Official Review? - Thor - 2009.Sep.27, 02:54 PM
RE: Meh, Where's the Official Review? - g2o2d4wp - 2009.Sep.27 04:43 PM
RE: Meh, Where's the Official Review? - cheetah - 2009.Sep.27, 05:30 PM
RE: Meh, Where's the Official Review? - gerber - 2009.Sep.27, 07:44 PM
RE: Meh, Where's the Official Review? - cheetah - 2009.Sep.27, 08:21 PM