Name change's
2008.May.14, 02:08 PM

i cant believe i'm the only one saying this but i think this whole idea is just dumb.
2008.May.14, 02:13 PM

If you don't want your name stolen, don't change it. Its free and its guaranteed to work. If you want to be tricky and change your name for a contest or event, then deal with the fact that you have enemies and those enemies are looking to get your panties in a bunch anyway they can.

Here's the rub, if they changed their name to yours, then you are free to take theirs and use it to your advantage. I can't tell you how many stims and bioplex I got when i changed my name to Zues86.
2008.May.14, 02:14 PM

jeezuz christ this guy is making DM fall apart due to if he dont go half the gang will quit
2008.May.14, 02:14 PM

Not dumb atall.Someone like SG who has owned his name for a very long time changed it,who knows why,perhaps to make a point idk.But by rights its his name.

We all have regular names that people associate us with and by whom we recognise for good or bad.If we change it for 1 day for a beer event or any event for fun and someone steals it its like invading your profile,who you are.

If you dont feel that way tough.There has to be some way to protect our identity and have fun aswell on the odd day an event comes along.
2008.May.14, 02:21 PM

No one 'owns' a name, Biff.
2008.May.14, 02:21 PM

grabtindy Wrote:Here's the rub, if they changed their name to yours, then you are free to take theirs and use it to your advantage.

That's not necessarily true. If the name they normally go by is the same as their login name, then no matter what they change their name to, nobody can take their login name. Like you for example, nobody can ever change their name to grabtindy since that's your login name.
2008.May.14, 02:22 PM

They should have the right to own it this is the point.If not the right then the opportunity to own it.
2008.May.14, 02:23 PM

I did not know that wook!

I'll make you a star in the back seat of my car.
2008.May.14, 02:27 PM

w00k Wrote:
grabtindy Wrote:Here's the rub, if they changed their name to yours, then you are free to take theirs and use it to your advantage.

That's not necessarily true. If the name they normally go by is the same as their login name, then no matter what they change their name to, nobody can take their login name. Like you for example, nobody can ever change their name to grabtindy since that's your login name.

that is true i tried w00k but instead got wook lol
2008.May.14, 02:29 PM

i understand where you're coming from, but to implement a system based on one guy is kinda far fetched. I see this problem getting resolved within a week or 2, unless jenkem likes chillin in the hospital. i mean seriously... how often does name stealing occur? not enough to implement a whole new system. i'll tell you straight up that i wont "trademark" my name for the rest of my AL days, and i'm sure 90% of AL wouldnt either. and who's to say that when your days are up i wont "trademark" biffbaffboff for the next 30 days. now that will cause serious problems because i could just be a jerk off and buy shadowguard, wook, loki, ect.... for the next X amt of days.