AwakenedLands Forums
Zen READ - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Zen READ (/thread-8890.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Zen READ - Dingus - 2009.Sep.25 03:05 PM

Dingus for President!
(2009.Sep.25 11:34 AM)MrHyde Wrote:  this was brought to my attention

(2009.Sep.22 01:45 PM)Dingus Wrote:  Awakened Lands Memorial Hospital

You're in the The Farm for 67 minute(s)!

You will have to sit in your jail cell until released by the police!

this is the very same thing that happened with the mugs, how can you say you never knew about it?

Actually it turns out if you bookmark the hospital that header comes up. Just so happened to be in jail when I followed the link back.

(Sad, fruitless comparison I must say)

RE: Zen READ - InPaceRequiscat - 2009.Sep.25 03:10 PM

What I don't understand, is you guys got 1.38 mill, 602k of it by less than honest (as honest as a crime game can be) means. As adults (mostly) here, why not just send him the money back, and save Zen from sifting through over 40 pages of posts, and having to be involved. I love this game because 95% of the time an agreeable situation can be found by talking.

If you just took the initiative to send it back, and no one would really be upset anymore.

Four of you were involved. 150.5k apeice back to LEG. take the remaining 736k+ and be happy ffs! Just split it evenly. Is 736k from 12 attacks, 184k each, really that bad?

Everyone feels you are definitely entitled to the rest of the money

EDIT:

You know what, to hell with it. If LEG doesn't want the money back, I don't care.

Let Zen/Err sort out the peices.

RE: Zen READ - infinite93 - 2009.Sep.25 03:13 PM

(2009.Sep.25 02:53 PM)g2o2d4wp Wrote:  yep exactly, she should make amends for any unintended discrepancy as it occurs on a case by case until the problems are fixed

I think the point we are all circling around waiting for is for Zen and Err to decide if they feel it is simply part of the game they can't, or won't because of the downsides, code out of the game.

The precedent set in the past for these cases is that they let them stand. (i.e. dual hosp/jail time, experience for 2 players hitting at the same time). Each time this event has occurred that anyone has documented to this point, there were no corrective actions taken. Since there were no actions taken, it easily follows that the results were intended to stand. None of us considered it an exploit because it was acknowledged as an unavoidable part of the game in Err's earlier posting and no actions were taken to mitigate it's effects.

Other consequences of the code's behavior that may have been unintentional by the creators in the past have been dealt with in the same way. The Glitch in the Halloween contest is one. No one was banned or punished Admin decided the unintentional behavior was not what they wanted and changed it without reversing the outcomes. Same thing with the super-over-encumbered incident. It wasn't wrong, or illegal. No ones XP was taken away (or equipment for that matter, it was put in storage). Once admin decided the behavior was no longer what they wanted, they changed it.

The clear precedent for the 'multi attack' issue is to not interfere. This incident may cause them to change it, but the precedent has been set and we acted accordingly.

RE: Zen READ - Dingus - 2009.Sep.25 03:15 PM

Moriarty, I appreciate your long post and I won't paste it here. You found an advantage (exploit), you then took advantage of it. All your mumbo jumbo gets trumped by this one little FACT! Games Rules violated FACT!

I will not post on this topic again!

RE: Zen READ - InPaceRequiscat - 2009.Sep.25 03:17 PM

(2009.Sep.25 03:13 PM)infinite93 Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.25 02:53 PM)g2o2d4wp Wrote:  yep exactly, she should make amends for any unintended discrepancy as it occurs on a case by case until the problems are fixed

I think the point we are all circling around waiting for is for Zen and Err to decide if they feel it is simply part of the game they can't, or won't because of the downsides, code out of the game.

The precedent set in the past for these cases is that they let them stand. (i.e. dual hosp/jail time, experience for 2 players hitting at the same time). Each time this event has occurred that anyone has documented to this point, there were no corrective actions taken. Since there were no actions taken, it easily follows that the results were intended to stand. None of us considered it an exploit because it was acknowledged as an unavoidable part of the game in Err's earlier posting and no actions were taken to mitigate it's effects.

Other consequences of the code's behavior that may have been unintentional by the creators in the past have been dealt with in the same way. The Glitch in the Halloween contest is one. No one was banned or punished Admin decided the unintentional behavior was not what they wanted and changed it without reversing the outcomes. Same thing with the super-over-encumbered incident. It wasn't wrong, or illegal. No ones XP was taken away (or equipment for that matter, it was put in storage). Once admin decided the behavior was no longer what they wanted, they changed it.

The clear precedent for the 'multi attack' issue is to not interfere. This incident may cause them to change it, but the precedent has been set and we acted accordingly.

All those examples resulted in someone gaining, but no one specifically losing something. While those examples are worth mentioning, they have very little to do with this, as instead of recieving game-created items, or experience, and no other players losing something (i.e. items, money, credits).

RE: Zen READ - Moriarty - 2009.Sep.25 03:17 PM

Shouldn't there be a PLEASE in the title of this thread, for a lynch mob you are all very rude.

@InPaceRequiscat.

Im fed up of you asking for us to be banned. you are less than a year old so all you know is SVs to be top of the tree, you werent around to witness us rising up through time and effort. Ask around if you'd like SV to start acting like Pestilence. There is co conspiracy here so stop looking for one. 3 people hit at the same time, we all thought thats cool, it didnt stop us all trying to hit on the turn of him going to fair. not to try and get another 3 way hit but ensuring we mugged him before someone could hosp him to protect his cash. SVs are just very good at tick hunting. Get over it.

RE: Zen READ - InPaceRequiscat - 2009.Sep.25 03:21 PM

(2009.Sep.25 03:17 PM)Moriarty Wrote:  Shouldn't there be a PLEASE in the title of this thread, for a lynch mob you are all very rude.

@InPaceRequiscat.

Im fed up of you asking for us to be banned. you are less than a year old so all you know is SVs to be top of the tree, you werent around to witness us rising up through time and effort. Ask around if you'd like SV to start acting like Pestilence. There is co conspiracy here so stop looking for one. 3 people hit at the same time, we all thought thats cool, it didnt stop us all trying to hit on the turn of him going to fair. not to try and get another 3 way hit but ensuring we mugged him before someone could hosp him to protect his cash. SVs are just very good at tick hunting. Get over it.

Are honestly that ignorant? I am not asking for a ban. I specifically stated the opposite. My only thought was that he should get his money back. And if you are thinking specific to the very first post i made, that weebay was kind enough to insert, i believe i took back that with the last statement.

(2009.Sep.25 02:51 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.25 01:40 PM)MrHyde Wrote:  [quote='chance' pid='136349' dateline='1253902094']
Sender : InPaceRequiscat [27305] online
Date : 25 September 09 @ 1:52:40 pm
Subject : message i want to post
But out of greed, the desire to get more money, you continued to tick hunt and mug, very much so aware what could possibly happen.
I will stress this - None of these players should be permanently banned. At the very least, a portion of Leg's money, (a number of 602k and change came up) should be returned to him, specifically, to his bank account. Super Villains at the end of the day, absolutely helps this game function socially on a day to day basis. They hold events, sponsor and pay for prizes. While some may ask for the guillotine (perm ban), I think the individuals here, and Super Villians as a whole have contributed enough to this game to have mercy shown upon them. These players should recieve punishment, but not be driven from the game completely.

Edit : Typo + paste a quote

RE: Zen READ - Dingus - 2009.Sep.25 03:24 PM

Yea InPace, get the hell outa my thread and start your own. No one deserves to miss playing time except for RJ!

RE: Zen READ - Weathers - 2009.Sep.25 03:24 PM

Moriarty Wrote:it didnt stop us all trying to hit on the turn of him going to fair. not to try and get another 3 way hit but ensuring we mugged him before someone could hosp him to protect his cash.

Moriarty Wrote:SVs tried to mug 2 or 3 at a time again. CORRECT

Make your mind up at least.

RE: Zen READ - infinite93 - 2009.Sep.25 03:26 PM

(2009.Sep.25 03:15 PM)Dingus Wrote:  Moriarty, I appreciate your long post and I won't paste it here. You found an advantage (exploit), you then took advantage of it. All your mumbo jumbo gets trumped by this one little FACT! Games Rules violated FACT!

I will not post on this topic again!

I'm not Moriarty, I will just talk to others (like G2, he seems a reasonable guy) if you don't.

Your argument fails because you are working from a false premise. As stated in the message immediately above this one. It isn't an exploit. It is a known behavior of the code that the admins have elected not to re-mediate.
This case is in no way different than the old encumbrance issue. People used it all the time to deter attackers, but until it was used in the extreme (I think it was bren and Custie, if I recall correctly) admin chose to do nothing about it.

If they can find a way to remove this behavior from the game without impacting performance and choose to do so, fine. But since the case precedent for multiple attacks is to not correct the issue (remove jail time/xp/hosp time) when it occurs, I would argue that admin has chosen to leave this feature and not determined it to be a 'bug' or 'exploit'.