AwakenedLands Forums
Gang mergers - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Awakened Lands - General (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Gang mergers (/thread-3479.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gang mergers - biffbaffboff - 2008.Nov.29 09:21 AM

Its been brought up before I know but what with 3 or 4 gangs running things around here I think its time this could be implemented.

Perhaps have a cap on merging gangs to a max of 20 spots,but it would allow some smaller gangs to merge into one bigger one.

- Thor - 2008.Nov.29 09:23 AM

And I suppose asking that they pay the 20 millions it cost to get to 20 slots when they merge would be considering as the end of the world? :?

- Marlo - 2008.Nov.29 09:28 AM

I agree, it was expensive to get spots. It would be nice to see some emerging factions though.

- Thor - 2008.Nov.29 09:29 AM

p.s. What with the upgrades? You cant stack em either?

- Weathers - 2008.Nov.29 10:46 AM

Maybe this would be where the 'Gang Message' idea that someone posted a while back could come in.

Gangs could be merged by communication rather than slots/upgrades.
With a big family like the Shadows for example, a gang mail could got to all gangs for a surge at X time or to jump in and declare.

Would let smaller gangs group up. I dunno. Thoughts?

- Moriarty - 2008.Nov.29 10:48 AM

I quite like weathers idea, I cant see gang mergers being practical due to cost

- JaySin - 2008.Nov.29 10:53 AM

unless combining gangs was an option.... have 2 10 man gangs merge together and be able to make one 15 man gang with the upgrades being combined evenly.

like say every 10 slot gang u add on gives you 5 slots until the 20th then 1 slot after.

idk im high dont mind me lol

- DOrigin - 2008.Nov.29 11:00 AM

Perhaps, like in real life, there could be gang nations? You know like weathers said, they can be merged in communication and funds, and help each other.

- biffbaffboff - 2008.Nov.29 11:31 AM

Two 6 man gangs merge = 9 man gang.Combined war points split and all upgrades removed.

It would be based on cost of the next spot upgrade.Say you have a 15 man gang and want to merge with a 6 man gang,then the 6man gang would be swallowed up and only 1 spot would be added to the larger gang making it a 16man gang now.

My theory is not to get lots of 16+ gangs but to make it possible for a lot of 12 man gangs as that would only require 4 gangs with 5 members in merging.

You see it a lot when new players come in and start a gang,they get deadwood players and a 6 man hideout but after a couple of weeks they just become whipping boys and the leader gets fed up.Offering the chance for some mergers would allow these gangs to grow,whilst keeping the best players.

- drec92 - 2008.Nov.29 11:32 AM

there also has to be a limit iin how many merges you can do or else we will probaly only have a couple of gangs left cuase of merging