AwakenedLands Forums
Idea - Printable Version

+- AwakenedLands Forums (http://forums.awakenedlands.com)
+-- Forum: Game & Forum Assistance (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Game & Forum Suggestions (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Idea (/thread-17351.html)

Idea - KIDREAPER - 2012.Feb.29 09:05 PM

Has there ever been a thread about mobile updates? like you register your number and they send you a txt if events happen or someone buys something from you or even when your at full ap or ep? any thoughts

RE: Idea - Accipender - 2012.Feb.29 09:10 PM

(2012.Feb.29 09:05 PM)KIDREAPER Wrote:  Has there ever been a thread about mobile updates? like you register your number and they send you a txt if events happen or someone buys something from you or even when your at full ap or ep? any thoughts

As I mentioned in Quagmire's post, this would require attaching your identity to this game, which is, thus far, only done in a very loose way (email). It is doubtful that such an option would be implemented for fear that, in the event of another hacking, this information would be compromised.

Also, a text every time you get full AP/EP. Good lord, no.

RE: Idea - GlennQuagmire - 2012.Feb.29 09:16 PM

(2012.Feb.29 09:10 PM)Accipender Wrote:  
(2012.Feb.29 09:05 PM)KIDREAPER Wrote:  Has there ever been a thread about mobile updates? like you register your number and they send you a txt if events happen or someone buys something from you or even when your at full ap or ep? any thoughts

As I mentioned in Quagmire's post, this would require attaching your identity to this game, which is, thus far, only done in a very loose way (email). It is doubtful that such an option would be implemented for fear that, in the event of another hacking, this information would be compromised.

my question was not the same as this. i wanted a mail to link somone's in game mail to them if they where linked into a forum post. nothing to do with any rl names or addresses.

RE: Idea - Accipender - 2012.Feb.29 09:36 PM

(2012.Feb.29 09:16 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  

my question was not the same as this. i wanted a mail to link somone's in game mail to them if they where linked into a forum post. nothing to do with any rl names or addresses.

I realize that, but my reasoning there fits here, no?

RE: Idea - GlennQuagmire - 2012.Feb.29 10:28 PM

(2012.Feb.29 09:36 PM)Accipender Wrote:  

i guess a little bit, i just wanted to point out that i wanted no connection from this game to anything outside of it. Smile

RE: Idea - Accipender - 2012.Feb.29 11:05 PM

(2012.Feb.29 10:28 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  

i guess a little bit, i just wanted to point out that i wanted no connection from this game to anything outside of it. Smile

Sorry; that was not the intent >.>

RE: Idea - filthymick - 2012.Mar.01 06:45 PM

(2012.Feb.29 11:05 PM)Accipender Wrote:  
(2012.Feb.29 09:10 PM)Accipender Wrote:  As I mentioned in Quagmire's post, this would require attaching your identity to this game, which is, thus far, only done in a very loose way (email). It is doubtful that such an option would be implemented for fear that, in the event of another hacking, this information would be compromised.

http://www.awakenedlands.com/preferences.php?action=manage_event_emails

if you get email notifications on your phone, this is what you need right here. been there for a while now i think

RE: Idea - Accipender - 2012.Mar.01 08:17 PM

(2012.Mar.01 06:45 PM)filthymick Wrote:  
(2012.Feb.29 11:05 PM)Accipender Wrote:  
(2012.Feb.29 09:16 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote:  my question was not the same as this. i wanted a mail to link somone's in game mail to them if they where linked into a forum post. nothing to do with any rl names or addresses.

http://www.awakenedlands.com/preferences.php?action=manage_event_emails

if you get email notifications on your phone, this is what you need right here. been there for a while now i think

He specifically said 'text' ("text," if you're feeling picky, but the same thought regardless).

RE: Idea - HeadBustin - 2012.Mar.03 10:59 PM

they have my credit card number too