Shot Gun or Axe That is the question..
2009.Jun.04, 12:37 PM
RE: Shot Gun or Axe That is the question..
[Image: 64917632.sfcFCu62.Violin.gif]

He is back....
2009.Jun.04, 12:53 PM
Long Blade is where its at...

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2009.Jun.04, 02:19 PM
i use the longbade and i am quite happy with the results i get
2009.Jun.04, 02:29 PM
(2009.Jun.03 02:52 PM)ZeonOne Wrote:  This goes to the Melee VS Range question again.

We should make a sticky about this topic. It comes up every once in a while.

Range weapon - Faster to reach their cap limits. Once you have max your damage, the only way to increase it even more is by skill.

Melee weapon - Have unlimited cap limits. However, you start off with a lower ground, you must raise your strength significantly to see the same result as some of the better range weapon.

In another word...

Range Player A has the following stats.
Acc - 100
Dex - 100
Res - 40
Str - 50

They will probably be doing the same amount of damage from Acc 70 - Acc - 100. They won't see their damage increase unless they switch to a better weapon or increase their weapon skill. The only thing they see is the consistency in their attack with higher accuracy.

Melee Player B has the following stats.
Acc - 50
Dex - 100
Res - 40
Str - 100

They will see their damage increase as their strength increases. By the time they reach the strength of 100, they might see some insane damage that the Range player can only dream of.

I do not think this is correct... can we get a clarification zen? My top hits increase as my acc increases unless it is just luck... As well as skill increase.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jun.04 02:30 PM by randomjacker.
2009.Jun.04, 05:41 PM
(2009.Jun.04 02:29 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.03 02:52 PM)ZeonOne Wrote:  This goes to the Melee VS Range question again.

We should make a sticky about this topic. It comes up every once in a while.

Range weapon - Faster to reach their cap limits. Once you have max your damage, the only way to increase it even more is by skill.

Melee weapon - Have unlimited cap limits. However, you start off with a lower ground, you must raise your strength significantly to see the same result as some of the better range weapon.

In another word...

Range Player A has the following stats.
Acc - 100
Dex - 100
Res - 40
Str - 50

They will probably be doing the same amount of damage from Acc 70 - Acc - 100. They won't see their damage increase unless they switch to a better weapon or increase their weapon skill. The only thing they see is the consistency in their attack with higher accuracy.

Melee Player B has the following stats.
Acc - 50
Dex - 100
Res - 40
Str - 100

They will see their damage increase as their strength increases. By the time they reach the strength of 100, they might see some insane damage that the Range player can only dream of.

I do not think this is correct... can we get a clarification zen? My top hits increase as my acc increases unless it is just luck... As well as skill increase.

Range do have a maximum while melee are not suppose to but apparently (based on a very old Zen's answer) no1 has ever reached the true max of a ranged weapon.

Well, maybe Pun did now with his 100 acc, who knows Smile
2009.Jun.05, 09:09 AM
(2009.Jun.04 02:19 PM)shadowinc Wrote:  i use the longbade and i am quite happy with the results i get

Me2, I am quite happy with it.

However, it is still performing under my expectation. On the upside, it's critical hit occurs much more often than before even tho the critical damage is not as high as the regular nodachi blade.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jun.05 09:13 AM by ZeonOne.

Amend
2009.Jun.05, 09:14 AM
Should I give up on Pistols then before I sink too much into ranking up my skill? I recently went from a Peacemaker (SMG) to the Ares Black Talon (Pistol) and noticed a huge drop in my hideout damage even though my rank is higher in pistols. Should I just switch to the T-250 and start training shotty? Are pistols better for PvP?
2009.Jun.05, 09:21 AM
Don't swap a weapon because it's does less than expected hideout damage.

Your solution is to buy one of those war weapon instead.

Amend
2009.Jun.05, 09:29 AM
So I should get an axe as secondary, or blunt or something for hideout attacks?
2009.Jun.05, 09:48 AM
(2009.Jun.05 09:29 AM)fngMalvos Wrote:  So I should get an axe as secondary, or blunt or something for hideout attacks?

At your level I planned on being ranged, and that is exactly what I did...

worked my way through the axes... the electric axe is a war time staple for those starting out. Once it is equipped you can focus on your ranged stats.