AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: What's the point?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What is the point of the contests if there is no reward or character gains made. I participated in the Halloween Contest w/ the impression that there would be a mass reward (ie ghoulache, Easter egg). If there isn't a mass reward or even xp gain for every successful treat, what is the point of participating unless you plan on playing for the overwhelming majority of the day? Is it just because it is something different to do even though it is completely unproductive? No participation rewards, for me at least, make the contest really lose their luster. Thoughts?
(2009.Nov.27 07:36 AM)2asandab Wrote: [ -> ]What is the point of the contests if there is no reward or character gains made. I participated in the Halloween Contest w/ the impression that there would be a mass reward (ie ghoulache, Easter egg). If there isn't a mass reward or even xp gain for every successful treat, what is the point of participating unless you plan on playing for the overwhelming majority of the day? Is it just because it is something different to do even though it is completely unproductive? No participation rewards, for me at least, make the contest really lose their luster. Thoughts?

while getting the candy we found to work with diffrent bonuses(ie hp refreash, energy refresh, happiness refresh or even ap refresh) no one is forcing you to participate in this contests so STFU and stop whining
the point of the contests is that they are fun(at least most of the times)
lmao I knew some1 would say "stop whining" . . . I'm not, just wanted to start a discussion about how we can make the contests more fun for everybody, apparently you don't want to participate. So . . . STFU and stop whining about my post . . . . BWhahahahahahaha!
The contests are a good distraction from the daily stuff that goes on here. I usually log on, gym train, crime, done. I think this is a great way to expand our player field and get people online. I know I personally donated yesterday for credits, so I'm sure that is a bonus for Zen and Err. People donate more on contest days, like gym days. So to quote Deathwing..."STFU and stop whining" cause that exactly how it sounds.
People do donate more on Contest Days, your right Bconrad that is the point. Thanks for answering my question.

ClosedCasket

liked the contest,,,I relate it to gambling with AP or EP
not everyone may be rewarded but it breaks up the monotony of everyday AL life.

I could only be online for a few hours yesterday but I slew a few and found it rather amusing. I had no chance of winning because I worked the first 8 hours of the contest and served for a community dinner a few hours, nobody forced me to participate in a contest I couldn't win.
(2009.Nov.27 07:36 AM)2asandab Wrote: [ -> ]What is the point of the contests if there is no reward or character gains made. I participated in the Halloween Contest w/ the impression that there would be a mass reward (ie ghoulache, Easter egg). If there isn't a mass reward or even xp gain for every successful treat, what is the point of participating unless you plan on playing for the overwhelming majority of the day? Is it just because it is something different to do even though it is completely unproductive? No participation rewards, for me at least, make the contest really lose their luster. Thoughts?

I already have my halloween candy and my bonuses and prizes from yesterday will be here this afternoon. I you dont have yours I would mail Zen.
(2009.Nov.27 09:12 AM)superdude Wrote: [ -> ]

I already have my halloween candy and my bonuses and prizes from yesterday will be here this afternoon. I you dont have yours I would mail Zen.

*lights torch* *passes out pitchforks*
(2009.Nov.27 10:39 AM)peteycrack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Nov.27 09:12 AM)superdude Wrote: [ -> ]

*lights torch* *passes out pitchforks*

*Put on invisible cloak I won at yesterdays event*

whaa'd
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's