AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Borg removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

mortaja

Anyway, why not mixing up both possibilities? Removing borgs would be done by those with a high medical career. The cost in cash would be set by market offer-demand, and it would make the patient to lose 1 natural stat besides the borg. About humanity I think you shouldn't recover whole of it, just a part depending on the doctor medical skill, and the same goes for hospital stay, the better the doctor the less time in hospital.

There are more factors that could be included, as the time the borg has been there (dunno if this is recorded somehow), so you get less humanity the more time the borg has been implanted.

Borg removal should have serious backdraws, else it woudln't be fair for those who haven't benefitted from it.

buuddha

(2009.Oct.21 12:55 AM)McCule Wrote: [ -> ]Medical

Medical training teaches how to heal wounds, remove unwanted cyberware, and shorten hospital stays when experienced.
um yah i agree with ingus.
the medical career has read the same since i started playing and it still isnt possible to do what it says.

Thor

(2009.Oct.21 12:55 AM)McCule Wrote: [ -> ]Medical

Medical training teaches how to heal wounds, remove unwanted cyberware, and shorten hospital stays when experienced.

If the caption in red wasn't mentioned from the very beginning, I wouldn't have worked one single Medical career hour and work my arse off to stay the best or close to the best in the field. I would've dumped everything into engineering or construction or another career to convert career points for mega stat points.

Figure out the borg-removal option and roll it out yesterday. The Medical description doesn't say "teaches how to heal wounds, might have the possibility some day of removing cyberware if it's not to hard to figure out down the road, and shorten hospital stays". Don't mislead the community and stunt the growth or planning of one's character when it's clearly in black and white what the Medical career states and doesn't state.

Thank you.

This is Colonelingus and I approve this message.
Im with McCule on this 1 and I`d like to see the borg removal program continue.

p.s. the natural stats thing, ridiculous...

mortaja

(2009.Oct.21 05:15 AM)Thor Wrote: [ -> ]Im with McCule on this 1 and I`d like to see the borg removal program continue.

p.s. the natural stats thing, ridiculous...

+1 on the program, because the medical desc says what it says from the beginning, and Chop Doc desc says:
Humanity lost can never be recovered, and currently the chop shop does not perform removals or upgrades to a other cyberware tech. So select your cyberware with care, as it cannot be removed... only purchased again to improve its rating.

So it opens the chance to remove borgs somewhen, but never recover humanity lost.

About the loss of natural stat isn't ridiculous at all. You are replacing a borg part with natural tissue and expect that new tissue to work like your existing one as they had been always together? Now we can discuss if it's unfair for people having borgs, which is a different thing.
One or the other. You have already dropped a bunch of cash into the initial borg and the soon-to-come removal.

you should either lose the natural stat when you remove it, and get full humanity back, over time as the new tissue recovers and gets back in sync with the surrounding tissue.

or suffer no stat loss, and only get back partial humanity (1/3 or so), again, over time.
(2009.Oct.21 03:19 AM)mortaja Wrote: [ -> ]There are more factors that could be included, as the time the borg has been there (dunno if this is recorded somehow), so you get less humanity the more time the borg has been implanted.

Borg removal should have serious backdraws, else it woudln't be fair for those who haven't benefitted from it.

yes and yes...the longer you have had the damn borg, the less you should get back in terms of humanity...

You chose your borg(s), I don't see where it would be fair to the non-borgs for you to get the advantage in combat for however long of having the borg, and then deciding one day you dont want it and get back the full humanity at an additional cost...

You made the choice, live with whatever consequences come with it...

biffbaffboff

(2009.Oct.21 09:53 AM)Duchbag69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Oct.21 03:19 AM)mortaja Wrote: [ -> ]There are more factors that could be included, as the time the borg has been there (dunno if this is recorded somehow), so you get less humanity the more time the borg has been implanted.

yes and yes...the longer you have had the damn borg, the less you should get back in terms of humanity...

You chose your borg(s), I don't see where it would be fair to the non-borgs for you to get the advantage in combat for however long of having the borg, and then deciding one day you dont want it and get back the full humanity at an additional cost...

You made the choice, live with whatever consequences come with it...

Disagree. The cost per 1 borg, is -x of humanity for some many months/years, initial outlay of the operation.
The removal cost say 500k as well as a -1 stat + almost a day lost in hosp, more than makes up for the full humanity restored.

So if Thor wanted his +1 res borg removed, the total cost would have been
original op cost
original/to present day loss of humanity
cost to have new operation
-1 natural stat (extremely hard to get at his level and lack of humanity)
Almost a day without being able to train.

So the cost of having 1 stat for so many months or years is very very costly. I don't see why they should not get full humanity back.

I know its in the description as regards won't get humanity back etc, but games evolve and if a new system is brought in, that overrights the old then so be it. Punishing someone this severe for 1 borg upgrade is more than worth their humanity back.
(2009.Oct.21 05:15 AM)Thor Wrote: [ -> ]p.s. the natural stats thing, ridiculous...

So is fighting a borg that has had a stat increase for years, if you get the humanity back you lose a stat, you should be grateful for anything you get back.
(2009.Oct.21 10:05 AM)biffbaffboff Wrote: [ -> ]Disagree. The cost per 1 borg, is -x of humanity for some many months/years, initial outlay of the operation.
The removal cost say 500k as well as a -1 stat + almost a day lost in hosp, more than makes up for the full humanity restored.

So if Thor wanted his +1 res borg removed, the total cost would have been
original op cost
original/to present day loss of humanity
cost to have new operation
-1 natural stat (extremely hard to get at his level and lack of humanity)
Almost a day without being able to train.

So the cost of having 1 stat for so many months or years is very very costly. I don't see why they should not get full humanity back.

I know its in the description as regards won't get humanity back etc, but games evolve and if a new system is brought in, that overrights the old then so be it. Punishing someone this severe for 1 borg upgrade is more than worth their humanity back.

Thats like buying a car using it for 10yrs bringing it back and wanting not only the price u paid for it but wanting the money in todays funds.
(2009.Oct.21 11:02 AM)Howlsong Wrote: [ -> ]Thats like buying a car using it for 10yrs bringing it back and wanting not only the price u paid for it but wanting the money in todays funds.

i agree to an extent but items and such don't depreciate in value. much harder case for borgs as opposed to someone selling a weapon. selling a weapon much less than face value is stupid unless you really need to unload it. these items only increase in value, not decrease.
how bout this description then...

-Military training benefits ranged combat as well as provide the ability to use military-specific equipment.

i dont see either of those. MAYBE the benefit of ranged combat in one fight if you spend a load of CPs.

where is the military specific equipment? i, like Col, chose this specific career, bc of the description....and theres no grenades, rocket launchers, or nuclear weapons to be found.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's