AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: i tried the new armour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2009.Jul.03 01:50 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote: [ -> ]still sux
(2009.Jul.02 08:43 AM)Conrad1103 Wrote: [ -> ]Your hesitation allowed the defender to get away.

i can't seem to even try anymore. this happened the last two times.
last 3 attacks on Eva.

new armour - Canuknucklehead overpowered loss 18 9 2,127 2,296 277 281
new armour - Canuknucklehead overpowered loss 20 8 1,798 2,445 7 284
TiB - Canuknucklehead leave win 25 12 2,456 1,403 213 281

Can i have my money back on this new armour, Zen?

resisted 277 with new armour (7 the first time) and 213 with Tib.

previous RES with Eva and Tib were - 228, 233, 266, 195, 287. i don't see any difference. will there be more adjustments on this armour or is this as good as it gets?

its not getting any better - 150, 116 RES

buuddha

conrad, i think your missing the point for these new armors.
its not supposed to be showing new massive resisted numbers, it supposed to give you +4 in a battle stat.

i understand where you are coming from when you only resist 7 damage with new armor, obviuosly something isnt right. but i dont really expect people to see that big of differences in the amount resisted vs the tib.

maybe buy the armor that gives +4 dex and just dodge the hits?
(2009.Jul.03 02:35 PM)buuddha Wrote: [ -> ]conrad, i think your missing the point for these new armors.
its not supposed to be showing new massive resisted numbers, it supposed to give you +4 in a battle stat.

i understand where you are coming from when you only resist 7 damage with new armor, obviuosly something isnt right. but i dont really expect people to see that big of differences in the amount resisted vs the tib.

maybe buy the armor that gives +4 dex and just dodge the hits?

where did i say i expect new massive resisted numbers?

new armour

Resistance 42
Endurance 20
Strength 20
Statistical Modifiers
Accuracy Modifier 4
Dexterity Modifier -4

TiB

Resistance 38
Endurance 18
Strength 16

now...as long as i have EVER played this game....when the stat requirements are increased, and the costs is 1.5 million....then you should see SOME improvement. i see NOTHING. maybe WORSE RES on average. im not seeing any improvement on ACC (maybe nothign worse on dex). the point is..... i cant imagine anyone in there right mind, taking the time in creating a new armour with these requirements, without the intent of having INCREASED armour RES. there isnt any increased RES whatsoever. i have talked with other people in the game that have said how dissapointed they were as well. at least one of those has mailed Zen. maybe im the only loud mouth that brings it to the boards.

dont give me any BS about this being diff than other new items, bc i get increased ACC, bc you also get decreased DEX. that makes it a wash. are you telling me i shouldnt see any increased RES? are you saying i should barely see any?

when you pay $1.5 million for a new armour item, the expectation, is that it is better than the previous "best" armour that was 1.25 million with lessor requriements. is that an unreasonable assumption on my part?

shouldnt at least a 24hr return policy on brand new items be in order if this is as good as it is going to get? i asked Zen within 12 hours of getting it if i could return it and she said to sell on the market.

is it not possible for Zen to make a mistake and not be perfect? it was obviously screwed up the first time i used it (having 7 RES) - so it IS possible Zen's code makes mistakes.

i think it is terribly misleading to put an item out there for that huge price and have NO noticable benefit - and actually a DECREASE in effectiveness. am i supposed to say nothing? im actually trying to help Zen and her game by bringing things like this to her attention so she can make the appropriate adjustments. who in the heck is going to buy the next armour she works so hard on for $2million when this one is worthless?

i would think the whole purpose of this armour is to make armour more relevant in this game, bc many people dont use any....or just use a shield. its misleading to throw some out there for this price and have it be just as worthless as the others available.

she indictated there would be adjustments made to the armour...there hasnt been any. it took me 2 months to accumulate that kinda doe. id think she would want people happy in this game, not unhappy. make the adjustments or give people the option to return it and everyone is happy.

TheMace

(2009.Jul.03 03:06 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote: [ -> ]dont give me any BS about this being diff than other new items, bc i get increased ACC, bc you also get decreased DEX. that makes it a wash. are you telling me i shouldnt see any increased RES? are you saying i should barely see any?

I agree with Conrad. Theoretically a lower Dex would mean he gets hit slightly more often. So if he resists a higher percentage (as the better armor should) of a greater number of hits then his overall damage resisted should have noticeably increased.
I still use they AA303 mil Vest.

buuddha

@conrad
your still missing my point. these armors are more for the +/- of battle stats than better resistance. you arent paying for increased resisntance, your paying for +4 in a battle stat.
when has an item ever added or subtracted battle stats? never. obviously, thats the trade off with this armor.
if you cant understand that, then i dont know what to tell you.
for example: an axe user with massive str but lower dex. they buy the +dex/-str armor, and i bet they would still hit as hard, but they would dodge a lot more attacks.

like i said, instead of getting the +4 accuracy/-4 dex, maybe the +4 dex would have been a better purchase.
Not to belittle you Conrad, but you are comparing 3 attacks, one of which (the 7 resist) was done when there was a bug. That one you have to throw out, since that bug was fixed.

The attack with the new armor had multiple critical hits. The one with the TiB did not. You still resisted more total damage with the new armor after the bug fix.

277 / 8 = 34.6 - New Armor
213 / 7 = 30.4 - Old Armor

That is a 13% resistance increase per hit on just the comparison of 2 attacks you posted. I know you are upset, but I cannot make the conclusion that you are doing worse with the new armor based on the data you are posting. If anything, you are doing better with resisting damage, but only 1 attack for each armor is too small of a sample size to make any conclusion.

With that said, what percentage increase in resistance are you actually looking for? 50%? 100%?
Draw him a picture in crayon. That he will, well might, comprehend.
(2009.Jul.03 03:46 PM)zenith Wrote: [ -> ]Not to belittle you Conrad, but you are comparing 3 attacks, one of which (the 7 resist) was done when there was a bug. That one you have to throw out, since that bug was fixed.

The attack with the new armor had multiple critical hits. The one with the TiB did not. You still resisted more total damage with the new armor after the bug fix.

277 / 8 = 34.6 - New Armor
213 / 7 = 30.4 - Old Armor

That is a 13% resistance increase per hit on just the comparison of 2 attacks you posted. I know you are upset, but I cannot make the conclusion that you are doing worse with the new armor based on the data you are posting. If anything, you are doing better with resisting damage, but only 1 attack for each armor is too small of a sample size to make any conclusion.

With that said, what percentage increase in resistance are you actually looking for? 50%? 100%?

Biff whined about the EM-3 belt when it came out after you did the math and showed him he was resisting 50% more damage. You cant make everybody happy and some people just have really thick skulls.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's