AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Skills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
He wasnt, he joined in may, they where introduced end of march. When they came out, thier was a weapons fair that had all the different weapons at lvl 50, so you chose what sounded the best and studied that skill. Or if you where a lower level you studied whatever you had, ignorant noobs should learn what they are talking about.
(2009.Mar.22 05:16 PM)thatthingufear Wrote: [ -> ]He wasnt, he joined in may, they where introduced end of march. When they came out, thier was a weapons fair that had all the different weapons at lvl 50, so you chose what sounded the best and studied that skill. Or if you where a lower level you studied whatever you had, ignorant noobs should learn what they are talking about.

Thank you
(2009.Mar.22 05:10 PM)JaySin Wrote: [ -> ]where you around when skills were introduced?

What's next? Are you gonna complain that you want to convert your career points into another career because you think you wasted them too?
are you trying to pick a fight???
(2009.Mar.22 05:28 PM)90ranajo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009.Mar.22 05:10 PM)JaySin Wrote: [ -> ]where you around when skills were introduced?

What's next? Are you gonna complain that you want to convert your career points into another career because you think you wasted them too?

No, and i dont remember complaining?.....

this issue was brought up a while ago and me and zen have talked about it and she, as well as other players think it should be a possibility. Do you have a problem or are you just really bored bro?
I just tired of these insistent threads on "I wanna change my skills to the weapon that I'm using now, because I change my weapon like I change my undies."

To all that want to change their skills, I still say:

Suck it up, Buttercup!!
(2009.Mar.22 05:36 PM)90ranajo Wrote: [ -> ]I just tired of these insistent threads on "I wanna change my skills to the weapon that I'm using now, because I change my weapon like I change my undies."

To all that want to change their skills, I still say:

Suck it up, Buttercup!!

geez dude relax... someone piss in ur cornflakes this morning? Personally I think careers abilities you have received SHOULD be available no matter what career ur in.
Though I'm not really sure how I feel about the ability to change skills, I will throw out another option based off what Preacher said.

Why not make it a borg? Since our world is certainly cyberpunk enough for something like this to exist, it seems reasonable that some wetware could be installed to "rewire the brain." Obviously muscle memory from hours of training wouldn't convert directly to a different weapon/skill.

It'd cost humanity, money, and depending on the quality of the borg could be used to translate some percentage of hours from one skill to another.

That way the people that think it should cost money, not a percentage could buy the higher grade borg and get a better percentage conversion. I do agree that if it's possible it should be costly, and not something to be undertaken lightly.

I happen to be one of the lucky ones that started training in the skill I want to be in, so wouldn't be a candidate for the switch. <-- full disclosure there.

BlitzKrieg

(2009.Mar.22 06:21 PM)snorkelbill Wrote: [ -> ]Though I'm not really sure how I feel about the ability to change skills, I will throw out another option based off what Preacher said.

Why not make it a borg? Since our world is certainly cyberpunk enough for something like this to exist, it seems reasonable that some wetware could be installed to "rewire the brain." Obviously muscle memory from hours of training wouldn't convert directly to a different weapon/skill.

It'd cost humanity, money, and depending on the quality of the borg could be used to translate some percentage of hours from one skill to another.

That way the people that think it should cost money, not a percentage could buy the higher grade borg and get a better percentage conversion. I do agree that if it's possible it should be costly, and not something to be undertaken lightly.

I happen to be one of the lucky ones that started training in the skill I want to be in, so wouldn't be a candidate for the switch. <-- full disclosure there.

Freaking genius and +1!!
Personally, I think there should be a way to change skill. However, to prevent the swap to be over use, we should put a limit on how many time each person can switch.

I say 3 times for the whole character is decent.

Many new comer started out with a weapon that they mostly likely received for free. They say, gee.. lets stick with this range weapon. Later on, they found out that they are more suitable to use melee.

Now, they are stuck. Most players aren't as lucky as some of the old player to have tested all the weapon before investing their hour into them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's