AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: WTF zen!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Oh well. =D Chocolate and women go so well together..Both so very delicious. :oops:

Chymere

EvilDeedz Wrote:C'mon...did she really guarantee a contest...?

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't assume things...Zen has a life too...

Now I don't hang out on the forums much so I have no idea who you are. If you're not a small child, I apologize in advance for what I'm about to say.

Yes, she has a life. But this isn't because she has a life, this is because of various requests by unknown individuals.

There's such a thing as an intelligent debate in life. Freedom of speech is a constitutional right. Nobody's calling anybody names. People are voicing their disappointment. You can stop trying to cool people off, now, nobody's dying. Anger is a healthy energy. We are not sheep, we're not doormats, we're not abusive and we are capable of handling intensity like adults.

There's such a thing as continuity. Contests were held before on V-day and other holidays throughout the years. It's not usually announced, but it has always happened. It's not an obligation for the creator to keep making contests. But it is safe and fair to expect them when they haven't failed to happen on every single previous occasion.

There's a way to announce things, and there are ways to accommodate people. Changing the date is fine. People will adapt.

But doing so a mere hour before the event is usually considered bad form. And disrespectful to the participants. Especially when said requests were not made public.

With all of that said, EvilDeedz, your princess Zen is not in imminent danger. Hopefully she can take criticism, and even if she can't, she's not bleeding right about now. Either way, she's an adult and can stand up for herself. You're not doing her a favor by dissing smurfs.
BRAVO! îîîîî
i say its whatever.
if its on saturday i miss it, well all but a couple hours. oh well. thats life and i have to work.
if its on sunday i can participate. thats cool too.
im fine with whatever day its on, wether i get to participate or not.
Sure,
those that have made special arrangements for the contest, I can understand being upset.

I think I read that Preach, Foley, Brugada, maybe others took off work etc.
That sucks, I'm sure.

But,
personally,
I am happy for the switch.

I wouldn't have been able to put much of a showing into the contest if it was tomorrow, dinner reservations, and I think my girlfriend would throw Chardonnay in my face if I tried to play on my cell from the table. Biggrin

I understand the frustrations too,
that there was a bit of a "late warning" to the change,
but as for me, I'm thankful for the contests, and I'm sure that a lot of work goes into designing and programming them.

Zen goes out of her way, in a lot of respects, to not only keep the game running smoothly, balanced, bug-free, etc, but also include events like this for pure fun.

It's not necessary, it's a bonus, and contests rock.
And I for one am happy it'll be on Sunday, albiet with the late notice.
It was not going to be an endurance training day like we expected just another silly contest. Sorry for the upset Zen was just expecting something like last year.

Sender : ZenBot [2] online
Date : 13 February 09 @ 11:25:22 pm
Subject : RE:Contest

It was actually going to be an activity contest, not an endurance training day. My apologies for disappointing you, I notified everyone as soon as I could. I don't even remember announcing an event to be honest.

shadowinc

thank you zen for even throwing a contest for us to enjoy
CONTESTS ARE NOT SILLY ROAR! Other than the elf tossing contest..XD
Prophesy Wrote:Sure,
those that have made special arrangements for the contest, I can understand being upset.

I think I read that Preach, Foley, Brugada, maybe others took off work etc.
That sucks, I'm sure.

But,
personally,
I am happy for the switch.

I wouldn't have been able to put much of a showing into the contest if it was tomorrow, dinner reservations, and I think my girlfriend would throw Chardonnay in my face if I tried to play on my cell from the table. Biggrin

I understand the frustrations too,
that there was a bit of a "late warning" to the change,
but as for me, I'm thankful for the contests, and I'm sure that a lot of work goes into designing and programming them.

Zen goes out of her way, in a lot of respects, to not only keep the game running smoothly, balanced, bug-free, etc, but also include events like this for pure fun.

It's not necessary, it's a bonus, and contests rock.
And I for one am happy it'll be on Sunday, albiet with the late notice.

+1
[gushes] Just Noticed Zen's current game-name [/gushes] Biggrin

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...hp?t=10400
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reference URL's