AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: U.A.G.M.E.P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Understanding AwakenedLands Game Mechanics Experiment Project

Hi everyone,

Here is a project I'd like to submit to the leaders of the gang of the AL community.
Everyday since I started playing, the game mechanics have always been studied as far as players could go, and most of the knowledge shared with everyone.

However, unless I am mistaking, I have not yet found one real description of what the GCR (Gang Combat Rating) was adding on an individual player basis for combats.

So, here is the idea.

With agreement of pre-selected gangs (going through 1 of each existing GCR lvls), 1 (or more in time) selected player could join each gangs 1 after the other, hit a few time the same pre-selected target, and make the fight results public, so we can see the difference, the increement, from 0 GCR to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on until the highest one.

It would then either motivate gangs to increase there own GCR, or stop wasting time on this if the results are mediocre, and start investing elsewhere.

This is the only way I could think of doing that.

Please let me know what you think. Doing it is not an obligation, but could be interesting, as most of us spend so much time in here, a hunt for knowledge (exploration) is what humanity has been doing for so long after all.

-Preacher

P.S: If your gang is interested, please list your GCR lvl, so we can make sure to cover all those available. Having 1 of each would be great.

*Answers for yet to be asked question*

- Selected player could be anyone, it was already suggested to be from a neutral gang, or even just a noob. It doesnt matter really.
-
-
-
-
It's a good idea, in theory, but a bad idea in practice. It'd be informative not just on enhancements for the world to enjoy, but personal things about each individual gang.

Come up with another plot, and I might see this coming up..I think Thor said, one time, that GCR is not a significant increase in base strength, though.
TommiTheTaco Wrote:It's a good idea, in theory, but a bad idea in practice. It'd be informative not just on enhancements for the world to enjoy, but personal things about each individual gang

Well, here are my toughts on that. First off, having a neutral person is key. As per the gang private information, some limitation can be made. For the gang announcement, a quick copy/erase/paste later could take care of it. The gang vault could be emptied temporarily too.

The main problem would be regarding gang stats, gang points, and gang mails. As per this, the only thing I could think off would be if Zen could implement an optional "probation" option in the gang staff pannel. On acceptation of X newcomer, you got the option to "blind" him from major info wich you could select, just like you select access to the gang staff options. It could be something used even without that project of mine, but without that, I think the other options would be just to forget it, or to share the core knowledge of these gangs. I expect Zen to let us know about this anyway.

TommiTheTaco Wrote:I think Thor said, one time, that GCR is not a significant increase in base strength, though
Where? And, even tough I respect Thor, did he get enough possible comparison on regular basis with same stats and so on.... I doubt it. If so, let me know, but it's close to really unlikely, imo.
Its my belief that GCB gets stronger the longer you are in a gang
just ask zen
Moriarty Wrote:Its my belief that GCB gets stronger the longer you are in a gang

It is mine too. But, again, in theory, someone just joining a gang and doing a fight, and repeating this with increment on the GCB/GCR should see someking of increase in some stats, either be it dmg, accuracy, evasion, resistance, I don't know, but it should be like that, unless Zen confirms that this bonusapplies only after X amount of time.

Would still give us a good basis to see where our investment goes.
LikeWhoa Wrote:just ask zen

Well, here it is. I know she did give us an example of what skills lvl 100 could do, maybe she could do the same for an example of GCR lvl 100 or something.

redz28

It means you act a little higher than your level in combat. What that entails is a bunch of stuff except the extra HP.

I know when the higher level players duke it out, a good gang bonus really does help out. Just ask Ush.

redz28

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^is zen's post when marlo asked about it

its not a clear definition,,,of course,,,she never gives out all the details

BlitzKrieg

Problem is that over time, said n00b will be getting better from training/leveling/career so it's not quite even is it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's