AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: backup - protection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
has anyone ever received 100% when they tried? i dont use it much, but i dont think i ever have. when i spend 37 GPS, id like to get more than 62%. whats the deal? shouldnt this be an automatic 100% full Backup / Protection, when i pay the full amount?!
The longer you are in your gang, the more protection you can have stored up. If you were in there for 1 day and used it, you'd get 100% and the excess lost. When you are in a gang for a long time, you receive the same amount when using the option... but you aren't at full capacity because you can store up more.

For example (the numbers are not the formula, they are just for example purposes)...

Jim uses gang back-up for 10 points and gets 10 rounds of backup.

If Jim was in his gang for 1 day, he could store 5 rounds. So he gets 5, loses the rest, and is listed at 100%.

If Jim was in his gang for 100 days, he could store 20 round. So he gets 10 and is listed at 50%.

BlackJeep

"i dont use it much" - lol.

Lying on a public message board is not nice Conrad.
I'm so confused.

BlitzKrieg

Yah.. say what?
Ok, maybe a beer example will help you guys.
Each gang has a set amount of beer in the keg (protection) it can provide.
The longer you're in the gang your beer mug gets bigger ( the amount of protection you can receive).
A new gang member has a thimble for mug and an older member has a big beer mug.
And when the gang pours out a glass the new guy has a 100% full, meaning his thimble is smaller or equal to the amount of beer the gang has overall
Compared to the older guy who has 75%, meaning his mug is bigger than the amount of beer the gang has overall.

That help? Biggrin
Thanks, Soupy. I guess I'm just used to things that are at 100% being more full than things that are less than 100%.

grabtindy

It sounds like having GB displayed as an absolute number makes more sense than a %.
can someone try this again?

im not very smart, but i usually catch on pretty fast.

in other words....wtf are you talking about zen? this makes absolutely no sense. 0% sense. 0% stored sense.
OK you click protect and the new guy gets 100/100 for protection. Old guy gets 100/150. Its like humanity points the longer your in the more you have. It just take more Gp to get you to 100% because you have more then newer players in your gang.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's