AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Contest format idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know another one. I think too much too.

For the contest day a new skill is introduced - Marksman

During the contest you can study this skill as many times as you like.

The skill gains percentage is increased so that it is possible to take the test after several hours of training.

You get one attempt at the test only

If you fail you are out of the contest.

If you pass you get access to the range where you use Aps to shoot targets (Turkeys, Snowmen, Cans whatever)

The shooting has an element of randomness in it so perhaps you aquire an accuracy score to enable a level playing field

Winner 1 has highest hit percentage, winner 2 has highest total no of hits.

Contest would combine activity in the early stages and luck in the latter stages both elements from previous contests. Would introduce a nice tactical element
do you chance a test at C grade in order to hit more targets or an A grade to be sure but leaving you less time at the end.

biffbaffboff

That old grey hair,is hiding a an overworked brain.Time to sleep it off.Must have worked very hard to come up with a half decent idea like this lol
lol I just got up. The skill could be anything to be fair, anything youd need to qualify in first in order to reach the next part

volcomjurk7

I like his idea actually, it could be pretty fun... but how would you fail the test? becuase just about everyone would study to 100% so it would be down to the shooting 8)

biffbaffboff

Only the brave would take it at c.I would be tempted to take it at c,and if I failed...nvm its only a comp.If I passed then all systems go!

volcomjurk7

i would be every tempted at C lol, lol but i would hold back to a B or an A so i could garrentee getting through

biffbaffboff

volcomjurk7 Wrote:i would be every tempted at C lol, lol but i would hold back to a B or an A so i could garrentee getting through

Then be stuck in a rat race.I'd p[lump for a c right away.I would assume the test would only accept non refresh energy....

volcomjurk7

oh yea, could you refresh or not?? or could there be a non refresher and or a refresher contest?? but id rather have a NO refresher Smile becuase i might be in with a chance Smile
If you didn't take at c then your only hope is for the accuracy.

I like the idea but can we start posting ideas where they belong?

General Discussion
"This forum is for your opinions and thoughts about Awakened Lands. Support, ideas and assistance should be posted in the their corresponding forums sections below."

Game and Forum Feedback
"Have a suggestion about the site? Post here!"

LordSkie

I like it, sounds like a fun contest.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's