AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: New player probation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Loki

Brought up before...

Players level 1 through, say 5 cannot:

- Hospitalize
- Be hospitalized (maybe even have their hospital stays capped at 10 mins for normal attacks / muggings)
- Join gangs

Much noob drama eliminated. Players stick around, get hooked, climb up a bit and then get exposed to the finer and more exciting aspects of the game.

grabtindy

Only if they promise to give AL a favorable review on their MMO forums.

biffbaffboff

To tell you the truth id prefer to see them in a mini AL of there own.Levels 1 through 5.They would not have access to any other players.They could do everything there,gangs hosps the lot.Obviously the hosp times would be low.

They would learn the game,develope make friends.They would also know once they hit level 6 they would be moved to AL proper.It would be either an incentive or a deterant.Either way i would say this is the best option all around.

I suppose they could even see the user list for all of AL aswell.They could mail players and make AL friends in the AL proper.

ShadowKid

Hmmmmm it has its +'s and then it dont biff might work might not but good idea

Promathia19

what about the inactive lvl 1-5's?
biffbaffboff Wrote:Either way i would say this is the best option all around.

Of course your idea is the best, you came up with it. Too bad Loki's is better.

biffbaffboff

same as always.There to attack for everyone

TheMace

Promathia19 Wrote:what about the inactive lvl 1-5's?

All inactives that are level 1 and have not been online for more than 24hrs in total should be deleted so that AL might have a bit more free space and stop crashing!!!

If they decide to play at a later date then they can register again as they have not really lost anything.

Dresicos

TheMace Wrote:
Promathia19 Wrote:what about the inactive lvl 1-5's?

All inactives that are level 1 and have not been online for more than 24hrs in total should be deleted so that AL might have a bit more free space and stop crashing!!!

If they decide to play at a later date then they can register again as they have not really lost anything.

Make it a little longer than 24 hours..because say someone has some stuff to do the next day, and it hits the 24 hour mark..then they no longer have a name. That wouldn't be fair. I say make it about a 4-5 day mark, and after that they are automatically deleted.

Loki

Biff. 1-5's still need to be there as exp targets for lvl 6ers.

Just give them some good AL Lite before they are allowed to hosp, join gangs, be hosp'd.

If Admin truly wants less drama to deal with, this is an option.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's