AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: A rant on Borging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
While borging has obvious benefits, there are some issues with it that I would like to know more about.

Like power levels, it's obvious that power levels control how much XP you get out of any given person.

What I am wondering about is if borgs increase the power level more then natural stats do. Making it harder to gain XP in the same rate non-borgers do.

I have more and more fights where I have to use the belt to win, but where I end up getting only 250xp out of 440xp for a win. Which just seems silly to me, if I get 250xp from defeating a person, I should be able to win over that person 8 out of 10 times without a belt at least, and only use belt to do more fights without using nimbus.

And the same thing goes for Gang Battles, it seems like borgs up the power level so that borged people appear to be stronger then they are, and henceforth give more gang war points when defeated then they really should. Since it seems like an even battle.

So I am wondering if more people has seen issues like this with borgs, cause it seems to me that the power level borging gives is a little over the top, and hurts those that choose to go that path more then it really should, and it sets us back in areas where it shouldn't set us back, or wasn't told it would set us back. Cause the happiness and health regeneration really is enough of a set back.

Now I'm not regretting on borging, I am quite happy with the ones I have gotten.

biffbaffboff

My opinion.I always get better exp from a borg than a human.Both exp and gang points.There is a big discrepancy but im not complaining Biggrin

Im not even sure that implants work as well as natural stats.It would be interesting to find 2 players with the exact same stats,one a borg the other human and let em battle it out.Ive defeated many borgs with a combined better stat base than mine quite easily.Maybe thats random but i dont care for them much as a benefit.
I have more fights like these vs humans.

Attack Type Leave Them
Attack Result Win
Total Combat Rounds 41
Experience Points Earned 282.0
Hospital Minutes for Loser 21
Attack Time Jul 26 2008 - 8:18:02 am
Defender's Last Action Prior to Attack Jul 26 2008 - 1:21:59 am

Opponents Conan xXxXx
Hits 13 18
Hits Percentage 63.4 % 87.8 %
Damage Received 2,725 2,672
Damage Resisted 850 127
Actual Damage Taken 1,875 2,545
Best Hit 566 314

To me the 60% of full XP gained from a very close fight is a bit unjust, when I have nearly no way of winning without using belt.

Weebay

From what I have seen myself, I always get way less exp points for borgs.

Loki

Borgs take forever to heal. If there is higher XP given for beating one, it balances out because they are not healthy and ready to be hit again for quite some time.

buuddha

Druchii Wrote:And the same thing goes for Gang Battles, it seems like borgs up the power level so that borged people appear to be stronger then they are, and henceforth give more gang war points when defeated then they really should. Since it seems like an even battle.

i would like to hear what zen has to say about this.
i know an example where player A has higher level and battle stats than player B. Player B has more borgs.
Player A is still stronger yet when Player A hits Player B in a gang battle it is 10 points. BUT when Player B hits Player A in a gang battle they get 1 point!
im not saying points shouldnt be awarded, but 10? i think the WEAKER player should get the 10 pointer not the stronger player?!?
Yeah that's some of the things I am wondering about.
Maybe im wrong (lol bit hung over and heads a bit fuzzy) but if the fights your not getting as much exp as you feel you should be, you are using a belt, will that belt not increase your power level above what it is without the belt so in turn would lower the exp you get from some fights.

Lol as I said prob way of or make no sence but know what im trying to say in my head but the old drink is not helping it come out Biggrin
A belt will not increase my power level sufficiently to lead me to drop from 440 in max gain to 250, and without it I wouldn't win at all.
What about, I remember reading or been told that borgs dont count 100% in every fight like in some they might not kick in, so the fights they kick in your power level is rased alot so less exp and the fights they dont its not.

Have to agree there is alot that is unknowing or a very grey quantity when it comes to borgs thats one of the main reasons why I stuck full human alot of people left me standing but hope over time it balances out plus feel borgs would be worth alot more when stats start getting very high and take a long time to train.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's