AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Skills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
anyone else not train Skills?

i figure between fighting and training i don't have the energy to train skills anyone else not waste time training skills??

do you guys think they make that much of a difference?

i figure the 19 ep could be better spent. 1 more and i can fight or i can dump them all into a train

that's just me but i wonder if i am the only one . . .

Marlo

Not a good idea

Loki

Skills seem worth it for the first few levels, but one has to wonder if they get watered down in the higher levels, like stats do.

(Lots of training / studying for little benefit..?)
Not here, Those are the extra energy between my Happiness Regen.

1 level of Skill gives u about 15% increase in overall damage. Why wouldn't u want it?

Granted, From Rank 4 To Rank 5 would probably takes 9000+ Energy. But, the first 3 ranks is definitley worth Energy.

Marlo

I agree, but if you were to take a couple levels in each skill that is pertinent to your everyday gameplay, then it is definitely worth it.

My main issue with the skills is the break down of point gain in comparison to the actual skill gain.
Since each rank only goes up in about 15%, it is very hard to tell the different in the overall damage. A Skill breakdown comparison would be nice.

Spending 2-3 months to get a skill Rank up one level in the higher rank is a heavy investment.

Certainly, another 3 rank on a different skill is much more attractive.
so it would cost me about 1900 ep to get 15% bonus on 1 skill at my current level. i could take that and turn it into about 3000 dev points of my choice. doesn't seem worth it to me. maybe if it only cost me 5-10 ep's i would train skills but they weren't around for me then.

i think that i will go my way instead, although i could possably train pistol as i use one now and i hear the p-5 is pretty sweet.

but you never know what will come next for weapons . . .
Search for the first post Zen made about skills... It has a chart for a 'sample' battle that shows the progressive damage increase. Level 5 is supposed to provide nearly double the average damage... It is hard to turn that down... Expensive EP wise? yes, but it definitely will make the difference between to players that are close

Marlo

For the limited amount of energy it takes daily, I will do my shotgun skills everyday until there is another weapon that will deter me.

From my perspective, why would you not take every advantage afforded you...

shadowinc

i know it is discouraging with taking weeks after skill rank 3 to skill rank 4 ,at this time i am working on skill rank 5, when i do get it i'll pass it on if it was worth it or not
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's