AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: $50 donation option ATTN: Zenith and Err
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
teamhood Wrote:Also, if you really want to make more money, you should hold the incentive for only a month period and put out theidea that it won't ever return - a 1 month only $100 sales incentive... Make 1 x $100 donation and receive 20% more credits! Buy $500 worth of credits you will receive the additional 20% of credits and 30 free donator days... lol

Who can we sign up to create the fliers and start the e-mail blitz to the AL community? Twisted Evil

Who are you?

biffbaffboff

teamhood Wrote:
Weebay Wrote:Actually my donating in the last few months has been tame. I did find myself debating on a big one, but decided against it.
Maybe if there was an option for it and substantial benefit over the normal 100$ one, I would of been more tempted.

I've brought this up numerous times. There is really no incentive for me to shell out $100, which we find out in turn actually helps Zen and Err because they pay less of a % to PayPal.

If you take any basic sales class this would be taught. Consumers are not always morons and it is so easy to up sell or cross sell if the incentive is simple and easy to understand. If you have the $100 donation = more than 5 x $20 donations you will without a doubt see an increase in the $100 donations, which in turn would equal more money for the game creators. We all know you make money off this game and all we are asking is for some incentive and a Thank You for dropping a $100 on your game. This is not out of line and I believe that everyone that has donated $100 in the past should understand that going forward only will there be a bonus as there will be no retro pay.

I would drop a $100 right now if you gave me a reason... otherwise it will be just a $20 when I feel like it.

Could not agree more.

grabtindy

w00k Wrote:
teamhood Wrote:Also, if you really want to make more money, you should hold the incentive for only a month period and put out theidea that it won't ever return - a 1 month only $100 sales incentive... Make 1 x $100 donation and receive 20% more credits! Buy $500 worth of credits you will receive the additional 20% of credits and 30 free donator days... lol

Who can we sign up to create the fliers and start the e-mail blitz to the AL community? Twisted Evil

Who are you?

Apparently he's a 1st year marketing student. Flyers bro, wave of the future.
He sure has come a long way from covering a camcorder on a tripod with a hooded sweatshirt and a backwards cut out baseball cap to bootleg concert videos.

DirkDanja

grabtindy Wrote:I'm taking my 5 $20's and going to a titty bar.

Yeah we could turn those 5 $20's into 100 $1's and have a grand ol time at the titty bar

teamhood

Only a second year marketing student Smile flyers.. yeah yeah yeah fucker had to quote me too

teamhood

w00k Wrote:He sure has come a long way from covering a camcorder on a tripod with a hooded sweatshirt and a backwards cut out baseball cap to bootleg concert videos.

Dude it was a stick... nothing more, nothing less. Philly is one crazy ass town that loves their N2O

Marlo

teamhood Wrote:Philly is one crazy arse town that loves their N2O

There is no truer statement.
teamhood Wrote:
Weebay Wrote:Actually my donating in the last few months has been tame. I did find myself debating on a big one, but decided against it.
Maybe if there was an option for it and substantial benefit over the normal 100$ one, I would of been more tempted.

I've brought this up numerous times. There is really no incentive for me to shell out $100, which we find out in turn actually helps Zen and Err because they pay less of a % to PayPal.

If you take any basic sales class this would be taught. Consumers are not always morons and it is so easy to up sell or cross sell if the incentive is simple and easy to understand. If you have the $100 donation = more than 5 x $20 donations you will without a doubt see an increase in the $100 donations, which in turn would equal more money for the game creators. We all know you make money off this game and all we are asking is for some incentive and a Thank You for dropping a $100 on your game. This is not out of line and I believe that everyone that has donated $100 in the past should understand that going forward only will there be a bonus as there will be no retro pay.

I would drop a $100 right now if you gave me a reason... otherwise it will be just a $20 when I feel like it.

I actually have a degree in marketing and a minor in advertising lol, so I do understand your concept. I'm not saying my idea was the correct or incorrect decision, but it was made to keep things simple. My fear is too many options will begin to overwhelm players... especially the newbs.

The $100 donation option was intended for convenience and simplicity. Players do donate odd amounts directly through paypal (rarely), and they know exactly what they will be getting bonus-wise without having to resort to some weird formula. They just have to notify me beforehand, since it's not automated. Since we've started it's happened 9 times.

Err and I have tossed around the notion of having a variable donation page where you can enter in any amount and immediately get credited. However, this adversely effects referral bonuses (odd amounts don't convert nicely and need to be manually entered). Also, the donation system was not designed for variable amounts, so some quirks probably would occur unless it was re-written.

If variable amounts were integrated, it would still be based on the $20/$10/$5 system. Any extra bonuses (for instance at $100) would need to be simple and go in steps (no weird formulas).

biffbaffboff

Ok currently the system is.

$5 = 500 credits
$10 = 1100 credists
$20 = 2300 credits
$100 = 11500 credits

2x$5 donations = 1000 credits,but if you donate in one go you get 100 credtis more

2x$10 donations = 2200 credits,but donate all at once its an extra 100 credits.

In truth if someone has A) the means and B) the willingness to drop a $100 donation into the pot there should be a substantial incentive/thanx given to the donator.In anyone's language $100 is a substantial investment in a Text based game.

Without the donations the game ceases to exist.Without heavy donations the makers dont eat that week (metephoricaly speaking).

For every other increase in payments there is a bonus,except for the real big donation.It should more than anything be these big donations that get the best deal.

I would propose increasing the $100 donation to 12500 credits.
My reasoning. A) substantial enough incentive to make the plunge.B) To show respect and thanx to the players who really want to drop a big hit in.C) The obvious reason that paypal will only take one payment as opposed to five payments,thus enhancing profits and keeping the paying players very happy Biggrin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's