AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: peace for pacifists/fights for those who like to get dirty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Mighke

Jolabent Wrote:Not everyone can afford to buy credits in real money. I know that 2/11 of my gang members do. This game shouldn't revolve around money at all. It is not who can afford to pay the most to play.

repost:I mean if we're trying to give everyone a fair chance, and have no perks for things like time spent training etc, let's go all out. As it is, taking away abilities from stronger players does nothing but promote resentment. And if we want all players to play and not just those who donate gobs of money, this works. But if everyone is on a level playing field, the game is sanitized, but totally fair.

Then what happens with donations is you get the perks of the stats(like jailbust stats, etc.) and no commercials on the page while you're playing.

To have these comforts, a monthly fee could be charged then no one donates gobs of money and gains no advantage other than convenience.

I mean everybody including admins and moderators have voiced concerns about people being too strong, etc. Put their convictions to good use and have donation for a convenient screen w/o commercials cost 5 dollars per month.
Pullo, that would be an interesting idea, but I would not want to see that happen to all the players who have invested so much of their money into playing this guy and being stronger.

I think everyone deserves what they have invested between time, money etc. It is good to have a wide variety of level ranges gives everyone incentive to get stronger. It makes people grow in-game and gives everyone an identity of who they are and what they can do. I wouldn't want to take that away from anyone.

I do like all the rest of the gang war ideas. Make those a bit more on even footing so that gangs of 10-25 can't just keep slaughtering the smaller gangs. The smaller gangs will grow in size and eventually will be able to match those higher gangs. Just like levelling your character, you would be levelling your gang also.

Mighke

Also Jola, unfortunately you have to understand that zen pays money to have this game run (servers, etc). And she needs to be compensated for her writing code and maintaining the game. There is no free lunch.

A game like this takes maintenance. Otherwise yahoo and pogo have tetris like games w/chatrooms that can be utilized.

biffbaffboff

My view is if your in a cushie or not so cushie gang you gain alliences and have the fun of the war system.So why not contribute to the gang coffers.If you join and gang and get benifits where is the risk? There is none.Join a gang and be responsible for it , pay some of your criming into it.Be proud of your gang and what better way than having a 5k reward for winning a war.Those gangs that are not fighters..the pacifist gangs or low activity gangs deserve to be overrun/claimed by the other gang.Where is the pride gone from in gangs when its all me me me..what about the gang.If some guys came knocking at my door with an axe id have something to say about it.It would make wars alot more interesting and alot more real.I mean seriously if your gang took another out irl they would rob it wouldnt they?This is a crime based game?

It would bring back alliences.bring back pride.

Mighke

Jolabent Wrote:Pullo, that would be an interesting idea, but I would not want to see that happen to all the players who have invested so much of their money into playing this guy and being stronger.

I think everyone deserves what they have invested between time, money etc. It is good to have a wide variety of level ranges gives everyone incentive to get stronger. It makes people grow in-game and gives everyone an identity of who they are and what they can do. I wouldn't want to take that away from anyone.

I do like all the rest of the gang war ideas. Make those a bit more on even footing so that gangs of 10-25 can't just keep slaughtering the smaller gangs. The smaller gangs will grow in size and eventually will be able to match those higher gangs. Just like levelling your character, you would be levelling your gang also.

To be honest jola, i'd rather see these changes than the half arsed changes that make stronger players impotent.

Poop or get of the pot. The game is about money and strength or strategy.
Diluting it to the point of annoyance is a waste of time for all concerned.

JadedRadiance

I don't like the idea of being able to "capture" a losing gang if they don't have any money in their vault, but being able to rob the losing gang's vault is interesting.

As soon as war is declared on a gang, both of their vaults get "locked down" so the pres or vice pres can't remove all fund to prevent a robbery.

In the event a losing gang doesn't have any money in it's vault, then perhaps all of the members of the losing gang get robbed. Their personal bank accounts wouldn't be touched but a small percentage of the funds they have on hand could get stolen.

Obviously as stated, a "step" type policy would have to be in effect to prevent a larger, more powerful gang of 20 players from continually robbing a weak gang of 3 level 4 players.

Mighke

JadedRadiance Wrote:I don't like the idea of being able to "capture" a losing gang if they don't have any money in their vault, but being able to rob the losing gang's vault is interesting.

As soon as war is declared on a gang, both of their vaults get "locked down" so the pres or vice pres can't remove all fund to prevent a robbery.

In the event a losing gang doesn't have any money in it's vault, then perhaps all of the members of the losing gang get robbed. Their personal bank accounts wouldn't be touched but a small percentage of the funds they have on hand could get stolen.

Obviously as stated, a "step" type policy would have to be in effect to prevent a larger, more powerful gang of 20 players from continually robbing a weak gang of 3 level 4 players.

attacker would have the unfair advantage of emptying coffers before the war. wouldn't work.

JadedRadiance

Yeah that had crossed my mind that the attacker would empty their vault before attacking, I was just hoping someone could think of a work around.

But the idea of maintaining a minimum balance of 5k or so in your gang vault would solve that issue.

Mighke

JadedRadiance Wrote:Yeah that had crossed my mind that the attacker would empty their vault before attacking, I was just hoping someone could think of a work around.

But the idea of maintaining a minimum balance of 5k or so in your gang vault would solve that issue.

nice point.
well as long as it wasn't set to high of a price, like 5k, then that would be reasonable, wouldn't be hard to keep that up in the vault.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's