AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Ok, in a completely different direction from Pullo's thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

LuparKoor

Instead of having this buried in the long thread by Pullo concerning a lack of high level targets, I thought I would add this idea to it's own thread, since it's an alternative that is way way different from anything over there.

Since this is a futuristic game, and we want to keep the game approachable to new players, while still having a way to keep the old players playing, I was thinking of how we could resolve both issues. I have a bizarre idea.

I think all of us have thought it would be fun to reroll our characters, but wouldn't want to lose our main guys, due to the amount of work (and alot of times, Money) put into them, yet from what I hear at 30+ competition for offline targets is very heavy and high level grind becomes quite tedious. Making it easier to level at 50 would simply assist in making it even more difficult to catch up.

For this reason I'm proposing that at level 50 you would unlock the ability to clone yourself. This would allow you to have two characters, on the same account, not two different accounts, and you could switch back and forth at your leisure. Your clone would start at level 1, and would gain a bonus 10% on all gym trains due to his good genetics (since obviously the person he is cloned from was strong enough to get to 50). This would provide level 50+ people with a reason to log in and play, while still placing a soft cap on there level 50, as easy ways to level at that level won't be implemented. It will also give them a distraction so they'll stay in game.

Obviously since they are two different characters, they'll both have separate energy/action point bars, so the 50+ person will have twice as much he can do in the same amount of time, so he'll probably focus more of his credits on the lower level, since it's far easier to improve, and the 50 will probably become more of the casual one, simply being trained and doing attacks when available. Eventually more people will hit 50 and there will be a revival of interest in the high level character, but in the mean time you can have fun with your clone.

To prevent confusion, every Clone would have it's name set as ####'s Clone. (The space in there can't be recreated, so you'll know who's a real clone, and who's just saying they are)

I'd especially like to hear opinions from those who are level 40+

Would this be motivation for you to grind as quickly as possible to 50?

grabtindy

The path to follow was hard to swallow,
Like a pill in the back of your brain.
Walking in a field with a dagger and a shield
And a million little drops of rain.

Drifting in the river and you start to quiver
And they tell you that you're going insane.
In a white jacket and you just can't hack,
And they tell you that you'll feel no pain.

I got a call on the phone, and it's regarding the clone
That I purchased on the net last year.
They told me of the glitch and in a glorious pitch,
They told me I had nothing to fear,
My clone was ready, he was pretty freakin heady,
And I thought it would do the trick.
So I told him of the code, and I sent him on the road,
And I taught him how to use the stick.

Triumph was the underdog,
Living in the past, but reaching for the stars.
If celestial living doesn't seem insane,
I'll be lying on the beach and you'll be doing the same.
Triumph didn't seem to far,
Living in the past, but reaching for the stars.
If celestial living doesn't seem insane,
I'll be lying on the beach and you'll be doing the same.

LagoScott

Bisco for life

playajam

pew pew

:ducks behind tree:

pew pew

damn turkeys

Loki

i thought the silver turkey was a melee weapon
the silver turkey is a collectible:

http://www.awakenedlands.com/iteminfo.php?ID=208

Loki

equip it!

TheGeek

Sounds cool.

I also like that you threw in some laser turkeys. hehe.
I think it's pretty interesting, but apparently people would rather joke around.
I have question, what would happen when the clone gets to Level 50? Would they be able to clone themselves? If so, couldn't one make an army of clones?
*Snicker* Attack of the Clones...
That's assuming one has enough time to be able to achieve such massive heights.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's