AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: If You Want To Upgrade Your Awakened Lands House - Read This
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Chris Mangano

**** EDIT 10/17/06: DUE TO A LACK OF FUNDS I CAN NO LONGER HELP PEOPLE PURCHASE A NEW HOUSE. I MAY BE ABLE TO IN THE FUTURE. ****

In my opinion, the house is the most important purchase you can make in Awakened Lands. Having a good house drives everything about your character. It allows you to earn more points when you train thus improving your stats at a faster rate. This gives you the ability to do harder crimes which in turn makes you more money. With more money you can buy better equipment which in turn allows you to attack tougher opponents, thus giving you more xp. And more xp means higher levels. Have a cardboard box or a shack and the improvement takes forever. Get a house or a villa and the process speeds up incredibly.

Now, I realize it isn't easy to get a good house. They are expensive and as I mentioned above, you can't do good crimes with crappy stats, and you can't buy a good house doing crappy crimes. So I am going to make an offer to all players who are level 5 or higher and are willing to donate. Send me an email with your current house and how much you are willing to donate (5, 10, 20 dollars) to upgrade your house. I will then put up the remaining balance for your new house.

For example, say you have a Shack and are willing to donate 5 dollars to upgrade your house. If you sell your Shack you get 10k, plus you get 100k when you convert your donation into credits. This leaves you with 110k. That is 25k short of an apartment home. So what I will do is give you the remaining 25k so you can get your apartment home. Of course, if you donate more we can get you a better home. But the basic premise is, donate and convert it to cash and I will get you a better home.

OK, now I gotta set some rules for this. First the requirements:

Player must be level 5 or higher.
Player must be willing to donate at least 5 dollars.
The maximum I will give a player is 100k.
Players will not be given an even amount. The amount given to each player will be based on how much they donate, how much they need and how much I have.
I have the right to refuse to help a player if I want. I will only do this if you are being a jerk about it. Be nice and I will help you.

Here is how it will work:

Send me an email saying you want to upgrade your house. Put in your current house and how much you are willing to donate. We will agree on an upgrade for you and work out the pricing. Once that is done you need to donate, convert the credits to cash, and send me the cash. This is the only way I can think of that will allow me to verify that you actually donated and aren't just trying to get free money off me. Once I receive the cash we agreed upon, I will send you back the total amount for the house (your cash plus the cash I agreed to send you). All that is left after that is to buy your house. Once you buy your house you need to send me a mail saying you bought it. I will then ask Zen to verify it. If I find out that you used the money on something else, or bought a cheaper house so you could have extra cash, you will be spending your days in the hospital. I am doing this to help people, I don't want to be taken advantage of.

If you have any questions or need clarification ask them in this thread so other people can see them. Don't mail me directly with them. Only mail me when you are ready to donate.

oddjob

I dont mean to sound like a ringer to a pitch; my purpose here is more to thank Chris, for about a month ago, he worked out this same deal with me. There would be no way i could train as well as i have been with out my house, paid for by my donation, and a contribution from the then badmuthas gang vault.

If you can, and you care, its a sweet deal.

Just my 2 cents....

Lostangel

Chris also helped me the same way, and I have managed to climb up to close to the top, all thanks to him.

LuparKoor

This is incredibly generous.. and smart too.

Eirikur

sounds very generous. might i suggest posting the costs of the houses thugh so people can try to figure out what they want/can get?

and if i don't want a house can i have a pony?

Chris Mangano

No ponies. ;)

The cost of the houses are listed in each district. Just click on the Explore link and choose Real Estate Agent.

LuparKoor

btw Chris, what kind of house do you own?

Chris Mangano

I own a Ranch.

oddjob

no ponies on your ranch? what a jip

Chris Mangano

Nope, just a lot of bunnies )
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's