AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Are drug references appropriate in game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

grabtindy

With my handle, it shouldn't be hard to figure out where I stand on this one, but apparently some players disagree.

Are references to drug use inappropriate in the context of player names or gang announcements and tags? If so, what makes them acceptable in the context of crimes(meth labs)? We got a message essentially saying "Think of the children!", but IMO children have no business playing a game about gangs, violence, drug manufacturing, arson, brutalizations, and insurance fraud anyway.

KcCashBrigade

word

ArtVandelay

Think of the children Beefy!
I think if the references are just in passing or in a joking manner, it isn't a big deal. But if their blatant promoters of them then that's not a good thing :wink:

grabtindy

Well I was going to change my name to DrugzR4Kidz, but the actual incident at hand was something along the lines of:
We'll huff and puff and blow your fort to heck.
or
We smoke trees then treehouses.
or
We smoke bowls and hideouts, in that order.

psheehan78

Say now to drugs. Wait, is that how it goes?

chumstain

haha. we fooled you! this is beefheart. i agree though, go drugs!

badmanbren

I come in the Children category and also think it tastes nice GR.

mudpies

I have a lot to say on this subject and I won't be... uhh... what were we talking about?

FaceOwner

if someone is crying "wont someone please think of the children" then they haven't been successful at raising their child to make the right decisions themselves.

darwin and all that.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's