AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Are drug references appropriate in game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

badmanbren

FaceOwner Wrote:if someone is crying "wont someone please think of the children" then they haven't been successful at raising their child to make the right decisions themselves.

darwin and all that.

Ones child taking drugs doesn't necassarilly mean they have rose their child in a bad way. Free Will.

I'm positive that kids are going to have a bad time in their lifetime. Most parents and adults have a bad past as a teenager, so, why does it matter? It's the kid's choice whether or not they get involved with drugs. Let's leave it up to them.

TheGeek

There are limits to being P.C. and given the storyline and nature of the game, I don't feel this is unacceptable.

shadowinc

badmanbren Wrote:
FaceOwner Wrote:if someone is crying "wont someone please think of the children" then they haven't been successful at raising their child to make the right decisions themselves.

darwin and all that.

Ones child taking drugs doesn't necassarilly mean they have rose their child in a bad way. Free Will.

in a world of drugs and partying,it would be safe to agree with bren on this,i have seen alot of kids that are raised by good people start using drugs because of their peers using drugs ,kids try to fit in,even in the game that is why it is so important as the role models of these kids we act accordingly even in the game as we do in life,

dayute

badmanbren Wrote:I come in the Children category .
Thats just gross dude

Monte

Based on my original user name, I guess you can see what I think of this. IF I choose to do drugs, it would not make my parents bad people.

Rather than complex meth labs, we should be able to choose 'build a grow room'. The point being that growing/selling/smoking green weeds is WAY better than making/snorting/shooting meth. Meth is probably the worst and dirtiest 'drug' known to man.
ummmm..... I wouldn't say drugs have changed me one bit..... in fact I think I am the same as I was 20 years ago....

ShadowKid

i think drugs should be used in this game if the people don't like it then just ask zen or err to put a note at the top of the ""DRUGS"" page saying drugs are a lethal substance blah blah do not attempt to try this stuff in real life sort of thing but i do think that this game should have more to do with drugs cause meth thts a drug but tht is used as a crime i think we should have gym type of drugs but make ur happneyss really low but the benefits are great

just a idea but i think drugs should be used in this game

thanks SK

Marlo

First of all, to the original poster. Your handle is some derivation of Frank Zappa, a man who made it publicly known that he himself did not use or condone drug use, so if that is the name you are reffering to then...I just don't know what to say (you came from PT right?).

Secondly, this game is centered around moral decay. If one is so worried about their 'children' and their exposure to drugs and dilluted drug references, then they should not allow there son or daughter to be playing a game like this in the first place. (And don't give me the parent' may not know that they are playing. Cause we al know you have to be pretty damn active to enjoy this game, or at least to pick up any of the references you guys are talking about.)

Lastly, I want grow op's too. I am not inherently opposed to meth or the manufacture, production or distribution of said substance. I would just much rather start it from a seed, keep a watchful eye and a green thumb, and wake up one day to find PropositionJoe and Weebay in weed coma's on the hideout floor, surrounded by twinkies wrapper's.....

grabtindy

Sorry, I forgot I changed my name to temporarily to a zappa reference. My original name was CornerstoreJunkie. I was aware of Zappa's stance on drug use.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's