AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: SuPpOrT tHe LoTtErY1!1!1!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wanna see it come back. It's supposed to bring people together for a little off-hand competition. Plus, it makes my 'Most Hated Player of the Year' award oh so much closer whenever I win again. Twisted

Anyway, it's supposed to be a fun thing that earns people money, sometimes people that really need it, sometimes to generous people. Sometimes to people who..Are just greedy sonsabeaches.

So, put your support for the return of the Lottery! ;D!!
You run it, if you need any advice, let me know. Smile I will even put some cash up for the jackpot
I could certainly try to run it. ;D I'd have my own little system, though. I don't have much cash. XD!

My system: Pretty much if I have more than 10 people join in, with your old trick price and raise the limit to 10 tickets, It'd make a decent prize every two days.

10 x 10,000 = $100,000. 10% goes to the next jackpot, which would be $10,000 + whatever many people we have next time, 5% goes to me, for my time to do the calculating, and the last 85%, no matter if someone lands on the number or is closest to the number, goes to the winner. Meaning they'd get AT LEAST $85,000.

As for ties and 3-ways, I'll have to figure something out..Probably go by levels, or by a second drawing from the slot machines..

Levels: Lower levels might need it more, depending on if they donate or not.

Second Drawing: Give the guys 3 tickets(Free, of course) a piece, then I'll play the slots one more time. Whoever's number is closest in that batch, wins.
I just got an idea, though I don't think it would work.

If I could get Zenith involved in the Lottery, at least as far as prizes go, maybe she could create a decent item for the winner. I'd give her the 85% that the winner would normally get and she could make a new weapon or armor or item for them.

Only on certain events, though. Like, for example, Christmas. Have a contest that gets someone something and have a lottery drawing that gets someone else something. =D I think it'd be pretty cool.

hunter52070

Not gonna happen. Zen isn't going to take any part of a lottery because Ush has tried to get that going for a while.

Just letting you know.
Yeah. I already thought that, but it might be worth another try to get her into it. She might jump in. She might not.
instead of the lottery how about something like dogfighting or streetracing that we can compete with and bet on. It doesnt have to be those two ideas...anything could really work as Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to come up with coding for either of those.

Lets take dog fighting for instance:

you buy a dog and train it( it will cost energy to train it, and you will have to feed it and such to keep it alive costing money as well.)

you then challenge another player to a fight
you determine the minimum bet at say $1,000.00
each person puts up $1,000.00( to match the bet)
winner takes all.

now as spectators we can bet as well.
10 people bet 5 for each dog.

the 5 winners divide up the money bet by the losers

walla, a fun in game competition that we can bet on.
Yeah. However, it'd go mainly for the big time players and high level people, if we did it like that. They'd build their dogs or cars quicker than what lower level folk might be able to.

With the lottery idea, any level person can play and, with the restrictions, everyone gets their fair try at the money.
the problem is unless the lottery is actually coded into the game many people are not going to play as they dont trust other players with running it.

as for the idea being for higher level or "big time" players. nobody said you had to accept their challenge, but yes the more active players will be able to train, or tweak their car or dog faster.

a second point is that Zen has been running a lottery. once a month she runs a contest and more often than not lately they are essentially a lottery, some may depend more on activity than others but a jail busting competition with a 50% success rate more or less equates to a lottery.
1) Why come here suggesting other things whenever there is a whole feedback board off in another area of the forum?

2) Why come here and bash on what I'm trying to do?

3) Higher level people will have the advantage when in a dog race/fight or a car race because they'll have the money and the time and more energy to build their stuff faster, harder, and successfully. Pretty much making it no fun for the lower level personas.

4) A contest and a lottery are two different things, depending on the circumstances.

Essentially, they are both a competition for the same thing; prizes, awards, and honors.

Differences: Lottery takes money to compete in. Contests take your time and effort to compete in.

Lotteries win money, unless stated otherwise, which would make it a raffle.

Competitions tend to win awards and honors.

5) Stick to the topic at hand from now on. SUPPORT THE LOTTERY. Not bring your ideas to a topic that doesn't involve dog fighting/racing or car racing. Put it in Suggestions on 'Game and Forum Feedback.'

Thanks, GroverGotti. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's