AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: The return of the lottery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It will of course be ran by me.

1. 5 ticket max.
2. 1k a ticket.
3. Numbers will be picked off of Slot Machine
4. 3 numbers 0-9
5. If jackpot is won, individual gets 90% of pot.
6. If no jackpot winner, there will be a guaranteed winner (probably 10% of jackpot) Will of course be completely random.
7. You will me your numbers, and send cash when I am ONLINE ONLY.
8. I was thinking of two drawings a week, more if you guys want...

Let me know how you peeps feel.

saint

sounds like a good idea to me
CMI always willing to try for easy money Wink 8)
Yes. Good luck trying to get it off the ground again. Hope it doesnt die like last time

buuddha

will you be making any money off of it?
what about your gang members? can they participate?
i think that the person holding the lottery should be nuetral and not a member of a gang. (nothing against you or your gang usha.)
i would buy tickets if i knew it was legitimate.

Mighke

Well, the rules are somewhat conflicting. In one post, it was mentioned that the winner of the jackpot would take 90% of the pot. In that case, I assume the proprietor would keep 10% of the gross ticket sales. Although this was not stated explicitly.

In a follow up post, it was mentioned that the jackpot is 1 million dollars. In that case, it is impossible to know for sure what if anything the proprietor would keep.

Transparency might help to provide the appearance of legitimacy. In other words, if the ticket purchasers and the # of tickets each purchased were published for each drawing and a running jackpot total was posted each time, one could actually keep track of the totals.

However, whether or not the contest is being run in an unbiased manner can never be known. What it boils down to is trust.

If you trust the proprietor and like to gamble, you should play.

If not, use your gambling money on roulette and slots.

~pullo
Everyone is free to play but me. I am the one putting 1 million up. Eventually someone will win Jackpot.

I received around 70k for the first time around. I awarded a 10k prize, and the lotto went up 25k. There is a profit to be made, but that is for an unknown amount of time.

This lottery is for you guys, I am hoping with enough participation (and yes, money coming in, to expand lottery to give out more cash prizes.)

If you don't think it is legit, then that's a problem you need to overcome. I am not expecting 100% trust from everyone in the game. It will take time. So far a majority of players that are submitting numbers and sending cash are friends of mine, and some gang mates.

I feel I have been in the community long enough, and have helped enough people in-game, and well, have always kept my word. The lottery is not about me, it is about the community, and hopefully one day when we get enough people buying tickets I am overwhelmed, then I feel we could take this idea to admin.

I have ran the lottery before with no issues, and if you would like further commentary by me, feel free to mail me Smile

Thanks for such a good question.

EDIT: Also realize that is why ticket prices are so low, everyone can play, and it's at little risk for the players involved in buying tickets. bare with me, trust me, and try to win that jackpot Smile

Good luck to everyone that plays!
Very well said! I agree 100%. btw the other 10% rolls over for new lottery if someone wins jackpot Smile I'm not here to make a profit, I'm here to entertain the community. I really have no use for cash, and well I want to contribute more to the game than just RL money. With ideas like pullo's, I am sure this will take off.

My only issue with with the showing who played and how much they paid is none of anyone else's business. The bigger it is the more transparent it will become, again, most of the entries were friends so there was no trust issue.

Again, I welcome any critiques, thanks pullo.

Well I just posted a long-winded response that didn't show up.

In short:

Thanks for the critiques pullo. The lotto will become more transparent as it evolves, right now only friends and gang mates are playing, so there are no trust issues.

I didn't want to post who bought what and for how much, to me it's none of anyone's business Smile

The 90% goes to jackpot winner. 10% goes back into lottery for next drawing.

I have absolutely no need for cash, especially in such small denominations.

Thanks again pullo, and if anyone has any other ideas, let me know!

lol, forund what i posted before, oops. now you get to hear it twice Smile
btw, check th announcement, don't know if you saw it.

Jackpot payout is 90% of Jackpot. 10% always carries over.

Mighke

Ushanewnewba Wrote:btw, check th announcement, don't know if you saw it.

Jackpot payout is 90% of Jackpot. 10% always carries over.

I'm confused.

90% of 70k?

90% of 1,007,000 (jackpot + 10% carry over)?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's