AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: PvP wars revisited. Contest.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is the basic suggestion on how to do it. Any feedback on how to improve it will be appreciated.

Buying will be on either 100 000 or 50 000, depending on attendants.

Heres how I see it plays out:

Hopefully a few of the big sized gangs will help out, or maybe Zenith can help out by making 2 giant sized gangs with the old system of respect, that can last for the duration of the contest.

We will write down everyone that wants to participate, and they pay in initially 50 000, if the amount of people registering is under 30-40, they have to pay out an additional 50 000 to the winner pot, any other cash given freely to the pot is very much appreciated.

When we have all entries signed up they will be sent into a team, and we will try to look at player power/level to make the two most evenly matched teams we can to ensure that we can get the most even fighting without one side dominating the other.

Once we have made the two teams they will fight the other side until one gives up. Once one side gives up the winning side shares the pot that everyone has put cash into.

Heres an example on how to win:

Everyone is free to give up and go out of the war at any time if they cant handle all the online hospitalizations and online attacks.

So if we start with 2 teams that has 20 on each side, then the winner will be the one with 2 times as many players as the other side.

Like if Team 1 loses 2 players and has 18 left, and Team 2 loses 11 players and has 9 left, then Team 1 wins cause they are twice as many, and the 18 players on the winning team shares the pot thats left.

If Zenith can help us make the 2 giant teams based on respect as it was in the old system, then the winning team shares the pot when one team has gone down from 1000 respect to 0. However people should be free to leave the contest whenever they choose, and attacks on them will cause a negative result on the winning teams pot. 5000 for reg attacks/muggings and 10000 for hospitalization, and the cash lost will be dealt evenly to the losing side.

I need more feedback on how to run this thing better and help on who can be the Award bank, the one that can receive all entry fees and keep track of who is in the contest.

If you want to join this contest then simply reply to this thread with /signed at the bottom line of your post. If you want a spot among those that are gonna be in charge of this competition then reply with /signed + Leadership, and we will take your interest into consideration.

We are trying to make this competition to bring some action back in between the gang wars that are currently running.

Remember, if you sign up and then forfeit from the competition you will not receive the entry fee back.

Now just help me make this competition better, and we will start once we have enough participants to make it interesting.

Mighke

Dru,

The reason your idea sounds good on its face is because the gang war system we have now is seriously lame. Our original gang war system was much better. It could have been revamped without turning gang wars into a fuzzy bunny pillow fight.

For example, gang deletion could have been removed from the equation. Gang deletion had been one of the biggest complaints. If all your respect is taken, you just work on building it up again. But all that is water under the bridge.

Suggesting a contest like this simply points out the meaninglessness of gang wars. They are purely ego strokers now. I can say that because I've been in the #1 slot and lower. No matter what your gang's rank now, it's really meaningless and a waste of aps and career points.

I would be for returning to the old gang war system with modefications, but wouldn't really want to be bothered with a one day gang competition.
Well hopefully with a high entry fee people would hesitate longer with withdrawing from the competition the competition. Since without gangs the winning would have to beat down the losing team until they have twice as many people left.

And if enough high and low ranked players join we can make pretty even sized teams that wont just steam roll the other one.

Maybe make entry based on level, so that more lower people would join up.

My hope is too make a competition with around 3-5millions in the pot, and a fight that would last around 3-4 weeks with intense fighting, and since people that forfeits from fight wont get anything from the winning pot, then people will hesitate to leave if they notice that they may be on the winning team, or on losing team cause of the penalty cash taken from pot for beating up people that leaves competition.

Mighke

Good luck with that

Scorpious

Was just going to say the same thing. HEHE
No harm in trying Smile

Scorpious

For sure Dru. May even get many interested in it when they read about the pot size. Smile Smile Smile

Mighke

All the best Dru. It's just sad that the old gang war system was scrapped. it was much better than the current one. All that had to be done was get rid of gang deletions.

But so be it.

Have fun organizing and getting your competition off the ground.
I like the idea in that it will spark some activity but not sure how it could happen, There seem to be quite a few things that have to happen that will take a lot of time. This seems much more complex than the combat tiurney I tried to put together. I think the randomness of player selection is crucial so that it isnt just members of the same gangs on the same teams. I'll be the first to throw my cash in.
I had a very similar Idea back in the day of respect based gangs, discussed it with zen but the logistics of organising it made it somewhat redundant. It worked as follows.

The Arena
2 gangs
blue corner/red corner

teams of 3 entrants, could be from any gang, a mix of gangs whatever. all teams submit themselves to fight. They get pared up against another team of similar lvl players. Both teams pay an entrance fee or purse, agreed between them. could be 1000 could be 100000 depending on who. winner takes all. similar to Drus. would work under old war system with say 100 respect points per gang, once one hit zero the other team wins the purse. The next two teams then get to enter the arena. Opens a possibility of the rest of he community placing sidebets etc
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's