AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Gang vault interest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

valleroy86

Well I figured, there's interest for people putting money in their personal banks, why not having interest in a gangs vault. I'd suggest a smaller interest rate since it's a gang, but either way just crossed my mind.

mudpies

you don't know why banks give interest do you? In a real bank they're not just holding your money, they're putting it to use. I see no reason the gang vault should give interest. That would be like your wall safe at home magically giving you interest.

killer1994

and why dont the leader just put da money in his bank

valleroy86

I'm just throwing something out there. I'm sure actual gangs have money in banks that make tons of interest, and since we were going towards a more real life approach now, why not. But hell I could care less either way, just throwing a suggestion out there.

Thor

Why not? It may not be called a collective gang bank account and it sure wont change the face of the game but it's a possible option, IMO.

mudpies

it's just not realistic, unless the AL bank opens up accounts for gangs. Those accounts should be accessible from the bank link and not the gang homepage.

but since we are brainstorming and i'm not just a naysayer, maybe a future idea like this could involve the gang staff setting a pin number to access the funds.

A gang vault magically creating interest is very unrealistic imo. It's bad enough we get interest from a bank that doesn't use our money for loans etc to make money for the bank.

syntheticdarkness

killer1994 Wrote:and why dont the leader just put da money in his bank

because then certain members *cough* will think they are stealing the gang money.

You Know Who You Are!

valleroy86

mudpies Wrote:It's bad enough we get interest from a bank that doesn't use our money for loans etc to make money for the bank.

Pass your money onto someone else if you feel bad for the AL bank not using it. I'm sure alot of people won't mind.

badmanbren

That can build up to get a lot of small stims... with my current account it can anyhow. I like the idea... anybody seen Scarface, Tony Montana uses the money in a launder where he gets profit from it. Something like that.
The interest only matters when your a big player raking in oodles and oodles of money, right now I'm making a big $3 in interest
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's