AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Crime gymboree day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Thor

If only 1 in 5 works but you get 5 times the reward, whats the point?!???
Your luck. In one single crime, you could make a huge amount (my numbers may not be exactly good for the example, I'm drunk) change them, I just want you to get the idea.

Lets say, stealing a luxury car would give me all of a sudden 50k. But 1 chance out of 19 only. If not, prison for sure.

Something really interesting. ($$$)

AlienaFerox

He's gotta have a point... I got some ideas, I mean, lately, except for the contests, there were no events... How about an unique event, a grand one, which could change AL forever? would you find it good or bad?
AlienaFerox Wrote:would you find it good or bad?

Depends if what is good orbad

Weebay

My thought is to see what the average money earned per day in crime total for the whole game is. Take that amount and divide it up into randomness on the payouts. A low level player who can't commit all the high crimes has a chance to earn the big bucks! High level players instead of having to use the 23 and up AP can gamble on the low level crimes for the payout. What I'm trying to say is if I commit fraud I may only get paid out for coning a cop. If it went this way that would avoid inflation, but at the same note if I could possibly get paid out for a low level crime I might not even bother with the high AP ones.

dayute

This is the opposite effect of what a gymboree day is. A gymboree takes money out of the AL economy through "The Zone" Trainers. All money spent on these trainers is essentially dumped down a money pit. This does two things, it makes us happy for our trains, but it also takes money out of circulation. Lessening the money in circulation has to be a big concern with admin, so these days take a lot of it out.

Thor

I agree with Dayute. You gotta keep your economy under control. It's a known fact that a lot of games choose to use amounts in the billions and gizillions and stuff liek that and eventually everything becomes too easy to buy (or even to count for others but lets not go there).

Control your economy and your game will do good, let it go crazy for nothing and the game won't survive for long. I've seen many go down that way.
Quote:I've seen many go down that way.

I'm sure most know what Diablo 2 is.

Perfect example of a worthless economy.
Gornikel Wrote:
Quote:I've seen many go down that way.

I'm sure most know what Diablo 2 is.

Perfect example of a worthless economy.
Last Chaos is also, the higher level players have all the money, and they sell stuff for at least 10 times what the store price is. And the stores carry almost nothing.
The economy is actually pretty good at the moment and has been for most of the time the game has been around. Gym days actually take out LESS money than a normal day does if you can believe it.

I agree though, more crimes and some additional classes are in order if I can't finish this skill system in a timely manner. The crime system could use a revamp too since it doesn't scale as well as I'd like it to with high-level players.

As for payouts on crimes being 5x and having 1/5th the chance you normally do, this tends to get everyone irritated. People like to succeed in their crimes, or they wouldn't all be around 85% success rate Smile
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's