AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: So What's The Plan......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
People Of Al,

We need to get this game nack to the top!
We have updates now and we have competitions with prizes and tags given out! We have a great game.

WE NEED MORE PLAYERS!!!

Ideas; Newbie protection time so can't be hit until like level 5
Older players who have played before and left got back by emailing or by facebook etc.
Voting link ingame so we can all get AL to top!

Any other ideas welcome
Honestly, nothing will work until ADMIN get on top of updates and customer service. We can bring any number of players in. We have to let those little guys in our gangs, we've all received help in some sort of way.

More active ADMIN would definitely bring (at least for me) more confidence in the direction of the game. We haven't had much since 01/01/2012. I don't know why admin has been so silent. Cipher responds to mails, but nothing proactive that I've seen. He's got a ton on him, and I'm sure a full time job to boot.

I have no idea about Zenith. I understand that after the hack and after the game go too personal in RL, that has to be a rough one to get past. Hopefully, this is her long holiday off from the game. and she will return with a vengeance.

I have the highest of hope for this game. It bothers me maybe too much how bad I want this browser based game to succeed.

I'm not necessarily withholding donations for any inactions by the ADMIN, however, I am a little hesitant to donate like I used to, due to not knowing where the game is going. Must be hard for noobs coming in and having the vets say this sucks.. just go play something else.

Personality of ADMIN and community is what made me happy about this game, and more than justified donating heavily.

I want a reason to be on for 20 hours a day again.

Hopefully, something.. anything lights the fire necessary to bring our beloved creator back and active, and happy.

Miss you Zenith...
From MAC

How about this for an idea, gang slots that cost a fraction of the normal price but can only be filled with players under a certain number off days in age, once they mature they have to move to other slots. This would bring noobs into established gang, instead of the hands off idiots who get them into trouble.
I miss the more active days. I remember when the user list was approaching 20. Now we're barely above page 5 and one of them pages are just new people. As for donations I was about to drop 1k into the game on Christmas but the uncertainly of us being here in the following year had me decide to just put 100 in instead.
(2012.Jan.15 04:41 PM)Ushanewnewba Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, nothing will work until ADMIN get on top of updates and customer service. We can bring any number of players in. We have to let those little guys in our gangs, we've all received help in some sort of way.

More active ADMIN would definitely bring (at least for me) more confidence in the direction of the game. We haven't had much since 01/01/2012. I don't know why admin has been so silent. Cipher responds to mails, but nothing proactive that I've seen. He's got a ton on him, and I'm sure a full time job to boot.

I have no idea about Zenith. I understand that after the hack and after the game go too personal in RL, that has to be a rough one to get past. Hopefully, this is her long holiday off from the game. and she will return with a vengeance.

I have the highest of hope for this game. It bothers me maybe too much how bad I want this browser based game to succeed.

I'm not necessarily withholding donations for any inactions by the ADMIN, however, I am a little hesitant to donate like I used to, due to not knowing where the game is going. Must be hard for noobs coming in and having the vets say this sucks.. just go play something else.

Personality of ADMIN and community is what made me happy about this game, and more than justified donating heavily.

I want a reason to be on for 20 hours a day again.

Hopefully, something.. anything lights the fire necessary to bring our beloved creator back and active, and happy.

Miss you Zenith...
From MAC

How about this for an idea, gang slots that cost a fraction of the normal price but can only be filled with players under a certain number off days in age, once they mature they have to move to other slots. This would bring noobs into established gang, instead of the hands off idiots who get them into trouble.

in a perfect world cipher, who is a bad ass coder, would code and Zen would deal with ingame issues. e.g. dealing with players' mails and problems.
bugging the guy who has a full time job AND a full time life makes it more difficult. just saying.
As a general rule, I don't post anything if I don't have anything useful or productive to say. I'm generally quiet on forums (any forums, not just here), preferring to read far more than post.

I know it's been said here that people don't want to hear about what might be happening, so I've tried not to fuel that.

That being said, there's obviously people in the other camp who just want to know someone is alive and working on stuff.

Here's a quick update. The crime code is coming along nicely, and I hope to have something for you all to look at towards the end of the week/start of the weekend. I'll give out more details as it gets closer.

After that, I have a quickie update for gangs, and then I plan on looking at the ladder system that was brought up recently. It's something that definitely interested me when it first was brought up way back when. As a matter of fact, I recall doing some research on different systems back then. I need to see if I saved the info.
(2012.Jan.17 06:08 PM)cipher Wrote: [ -> ]As a general rule, I don't post anything if I don't have anything useful or productive to say. I'm generally quiet on forums (any forums, not just here), preferring to read far more than post.

I know it's been said here that people don't want to hear about what might be happening, so I've tried not to fuel that.

That being said, there's obviously people in the other camp who just want to know someone is alive and working on stuff.

Here's a quick update. The crime code is coming along nicely, and I hope to have something for you all to look at towards the end of the week/start of the weekend. I'll give out more details as it gets closer.

After that, I have a quickie update for gangs, and then I plan on looking at the ladder system that was brought up recently. It's something that definitely interested me when it first was brought up way back when. As a matter of fact, I recall doing some research on different systems back then. I need to see if I saved the info.

mate a poi for actives would be pretty easy to code wouldn't it?
its sad you guys think cipher, or anyone, owes you something. heres the game- play it and shut up. any updates or contests are bonus. if you cant handle that then quit, youll make the game a better place for everyone
(2012.Jan.17 06:25 PM)HeadBustin Wrote: [ -> ]its sad you guys think cipher, or anyone, owes you something. heres the game- play it and shut up. any updates or contests are bonus. if you cant handle that then quit, youll make the game a better place for everyone

cipher wants feedback on what ppl want or would like implemented. not everything is possible but some things are. Razz
feed back and ideas are fine, i certainly encourage them. but not in the way they have been recently presented. ie. complaints.

ask yourself this question:

"would i still play this game if there were no more updates or contests?"

if your answer is no then please quit.
(2012.Jan.17 06:16 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote: [ -> ]mate a poi for actives would be pretty easy to code wouldn't it?

Yep. I'll squeeze it in before the ladder system.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's