AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: this has only just happened right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I don't think demoting monk solves problem, but to get back on topic, don't you think it would be unfair to reward a unique when only a portion of the players got to participate?
(2011.May.22 12:16 PM)bebopcrew420 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think demoting monk solves problem, but to get back on topic, don't you think it would be unfair to reward a unique when only a portion of the players got to participate?

I understand the logic. It doesn't have to be a unique though, useable item, housing, stat modifier, humanity, many more options. I would like to see something done, something small though as this was a short comp and not everyone got to participate.

Twas fun regardless of a prize.
(2011.May.22 12:16 PM)bebopcrew420 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think demoting monk solves problem, but to get back on topic, don't you think it would be unfair to reward a unique when only a portion of the players got to participate?

yes i do. i mailed and asked zen if this was a contest and if a prize/reward would be given. she said no. it was for fun.

im sure this was part of a coding test for things to come.
(2011.May.22 12:21 PM)Joshiwa Wrote: [ -> ]

I understand the logic. It doesn't have to be a unique though, useable item, housing, stat modifier, humanity, many more options. I would like to see something done, something small though as this was a short comp and not everyone got to participate.

From a player who was unable to compete's perspective, how are any of those different from a unique?
Be nice if everybody got a little something like the tenbot credits from this
(2011.May.22 12:36 PM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]

From a player who was unable to compete's perspective, how are any of those different from a unique?

Useable item doesn't last, housing would be temporary, stat modifier is available to all through borgs and/or armour, humanity everybody gains just by lvling and signing on daily. These are not things that couldn't be available to everyone.
(2011.May.22 12:58 PM)Joshiwa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011.May.22 12:36 PM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]

Useable item doesn't last, housing would be temporary, stat modifier is available to all through borgs and/or armour, humanity everybody gains just by lvling and signing on daily. These are not things that couldn't be available to everyone.

They're still a free gain for those who happened to be on. This is not to say that I oppose this; I don't regret for a moment not being on in that six-hour span. But I can see where there would be significant opposition to this.
Wouldn't there be opposition if it doesn't happen? It is a lose lose either way then. Those that participated used stims, nimbus, career points, candies, and energy on fights that got them nothing in the end.

Edit: Besides if something doesn't happen how do we know if we want to participate in the next contest or random event day. We may never know if our efforts would be rewarded or all for nothing.
I don't know where this is any different then other contest! She starts contest all the time without prior warning. I wake up in the morning and see a contest was started at midnight. How's is that fair for me if I slept thru 6 hours of it because it started at midnight. Use your logic and everyone should give back all there items won in contests because it not fair to everyone. It's a game get over it. If she gives something out great for the winner!
wouldnt matter because if it were a contest you wouldn't get anything until 2012
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's