AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: The problem with this game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

agamemnon

The problem with this game is not the way it's programmed. Zenith has done a phenomenal job trying to create a balanced game where it's difficult for supergangs to monopolize the game. She's made changes that, to the most part, have been beneficial. As the changes have been made, we, as a community, have tried to collectively abide by the unwritten rules that have their genesis in common courtesy. But, there's a small group of players who have no common courtesy and, unfortunately, some of them are among the most powerful players in the game.

I've always tried to conduct myself here with courtesy. For instance, I don't attack online players, nor I don't hospitalize online players in gangs who we've attacked only to find the tide turning against us in war. I don't try to steal other gang members' players by soliciting them to join my gang. I try not to attack weaker gangs who have several players online and I certainly don't re-attack them after they have worked hard and expended their AP to rebuild their hideout defense.

Yet, all of these things have happened either to me or to my gang members in the past week. Quite frankly, it's extremely frustrating. A big part of the reason, in my opinion, is that because there are players in a few gangs who are hell-bent on winning at all costs, regardless of the consequences. They have no common courtesy. They don't care what others think, and they don't care that their actions might result in other players ceasing to play or to donate.

As a general rule in life, losers who find themselves with power tend to abuse it. They are sociopathic, only thinking of themselves. They attract like-minded people who act in a similar manner.

Unfortunately, common courtesy cannot be assured by making changes to a computer programme. So, to all those courteous members who are in gangs who's leaders act in repulsive manners, I say "Leave them!" Help to create balance in this game by forming your own gangs. Help to make the game more fun for the unfortunate gangs who never manage to build their hideouts up to 100% before they get taken down again. Doing so would show a lot more character and bravery than remaining with an oppressive gang that has to "win at any cost". You'll be much more of a winner by doing so.

Dresicos

I agree with you, man. Good speech, and it definately is the truth.
i have a few counterpoints for you

1) this game is based on gangs crimes and war, and in all's fair in love and war. thats how it is. as much as i dont like being pushed around, you do have to admit that this game is based on it.

2) sometimes, you have it coming. if you mess with an alliance or a referral or whatever, even if you MUG someone for a little cash, their friends might get back to you. it happens.

but what annoys me is how some of the people who get to the top have the ability to put people down and keep them down for awhile and when they abuse it. being hospd online sucks. i hate it. it really pisses me off. but i have friends who can help me out. its when people constantly hosp me and try to keep me there forever on purpose that pisses me off.

thats just my $.02
Wow Ohm, very well said. Cheers

valleroy86

agamemnon Wrote:As a general rule in life, losers who find themselves with power tend to abuse it. They are sociopathic, only thinking of themselves. They attract like-minded people who act in a similar manner.

Join the military and go overseas, I guarentee you this quote of your will change drastically.

And alot of the people that do get hit, deserve it. Remember there's always two sides to a story, they'll send you the emails sent to them, but not the emails they sent themselfs.

And if your talking about Pullo or not. Most people I'm sure that hire him, are lower leveled people being bullied by higher levels, so they hire him to bully the bullier so they get a taste of what it feels like.

Thor

I'll be damned if the gang war part concerns Pullo and his gang!! lol

As for the rest, if it concerns me (I SOOOO hope not...), some1 in my gang or even family, mail me, talk with me. like you said, some people just can't/won't accept to stop but IMO, talking and diplomacy is always the best way to try and end something without too much damage.

What about those who deserves it but hides cowardly behind stronger players to not get hit back?

shadowinc

as i have said so many times before all great empires fall and anouther rises in its place those that fell once was like everybody else fighting a oppreser and then the next does the samething,i know the only way i hospitalize is when somebody attacks a weak player and that is my choice i beleave if your online and your attacked then the person is trying to make a point,hell i hate being attacked online but for months when i started i was and now most of those who did i can beat now and those i can't beat i will before it is over,time heals all wounds and so will these wounds heal,but yes if you are online i feel you should not attack anouther gang who is online and keep attacking them unless you have a beef with them

Scorpious

I agree with you Ohm. With the exception of a few days I was getting farmed continuously for XP and even saw it at the point of it being 30 minute increments. Seen some attacks at hour increments too. Really does bite when people either attack you or you gang when you are online but end up being in away status because you are looking at the forums here. I feel you there bud. I login on numerous occasions and find myself in the hospital and I am pretty sure the people who attacked me end up seeing I am online then. At least there are some cool people that actually send stims to others if they hit you and you login. THanks to you few who do. Smile Smile
I think the title of this thread is wrong, this is not a problem with the game, it seems to be a problem with you. I think I hit you at away yesterday or something, and you ended up calling me a retard, while demanding stims. I did not hospitalize you or anything, you made me laugh and I let it go, but many players would have taken that and assume you have a bad attitude. You are a level 24, you are MORE than able to buy stims. When the very few people that can beat me DO attack me online I don't complain to them or write a complaint in the forums, they are more powerful than me, have spent more money than me, and are online WAY more than me. 99% of their attacks are offline. Every now and then I will get hit online. I am a level 38, I can afford some of those hits sometimes, not a continuous beating of course. Anyway, if you have issues with members contact their gang president, if they have one. Other than that hire the big man on top, I believe pullo will hit anyone for a fee. This game offers you many ways to combat bullies. You need to think out of the box and start utilizing some of the weapons Zenith has given recently to small-medium sized gangs. That's all for now, Human Weapon is on.
If i am asked i will send them... but i dont bother asking for myself stuff happens and if ur ofline ur fair game and cant really complain. Actualy u shudnt even complain if ur online as its not a rule... just not usually done outta common courtesy.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's