AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Next AL feature?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

TheGeek

If you could pick the next addition to Awakened Lands, what would it be? Pick a general category from the list and explain it in detail in your post!
The jobs have needed re-vamped for quite a while now Biggrin

Is that detailed enough? lol

Dragon

I chose Other. I think that it would be great if the next feature is quests in the city. What you would do is travel around the city and interacte with NPCs, players, etc in so many different ways. It would really add a nice RPG feel to the game and it would keep me playing this game for decades.
i actually voted other because i believe a few of those new ideas should be implemented. first off, i think the bulk of crimes are getting stale - just about everyone does the same 2 or 3 crimes repeatedly anyway. on top of that, jobs are so minor that a revamp could be very nice, and the same goes for schools. on top of THAT, i think it would be nice if some new weapons were added, weapons that actually depend on a style of play, and not "the bigger weapon does more damage so get that," which is how this game is at the moment, regardless of if you have a t450 or elec axe.

maybe with weapons you could have tradeoffs - heavy weapon, MUCH more damage, but MUCH less likely to hit - requires much higher accuracy to hit quite as often but once you get that accuracy damage is sweet - but its so heavy it throws you off balance so your defense is reduced. something like that would be pretty sweet to implement.

FaceOwner

this is supposed to be a gang war type place, we are in dire need of more gang features imo.

pimpsta101

im with faceowner more gangs stuff

thawdgharp

i kind of like all the ideas. i can't wait

smidge

I think it would be nice to have more attention on intel based crimes...and it would be cool to have crimes you could commit against other gangs or players....dunno if thats been brought up before...

Thor

thawdgharp Wrote:i kind of like all the ideas. i can't wait
Jesus ain't coming back man, they lied to you...

What are you waiting for though? Those are just ideas put in a poll, Zen never said she would do them. Well she mentionned a few of them...
Let's just preface this with "the following information is most likely going to change as I continue to work on code and balancing".

I'm currently balancing out a new jobs system, which most likely will be the base of a new education system as well. Jobs will no longer be forgotten. And they won't be passive either. You'll have to be active to be able to "work" at a job.

This is how it will work (might change a bit since I'm still balancing and tweaking):
  • Jobs won't be tied to a single company, but an industry such as medical, law enforcement, and athletic jobs (will most likely be more).
  • There will be no "named" ranks of jobs, just a number that keeps increasing, for example medical rank of 10 or law enforcement rank of 3.
  • Each job provides "job points" to spend on stat upgrades and specials, based on how many "hours" you work each day. Hours will be based on either Action Points or Energy, tba.
  • You are limited to 8-hours of "work" as well as 4-hours of "overtime" per day.
  • If you don't show up for work for a certain amount of time (probably 7 to 10 days or so) then you will be fired from you job and lose ranks you earned.
  • If you quit a job, you will lose 1 earned rank if you decide to go back.
  • Each job type will have its specials, such as medical benefits for medical careers, etc.
  • Each job will have a stat-conversion rate that doesn't change for each stat, each rank will provide more points each hour you work so the higher your rank, the more point you have to spend on stat upgrades and specials.
  • Each upgrade in rank will cost job points, as well as each special used, and each stat upgrade.
  • You'll get to choose which stat to upgrade with your job points instead of being stuck with one rate.
  • You will not gain job points or wages if you do not work hours. This won't be a "just sign up for a job and forget it" type thing anymore.

For those who have mailed me in-game and I've been slow to respond, please forgive me. I've been coding hard the last week or so and have been focused on getting this reworking of the jobs system in a stable form.

Some of you might be able to see how a new education system could come out of this as well. The goal is to make education more interactive, and allow for unlimited growth (based on ranks). Stay tuned. It's still up in the air as to whether I'll unleash the new jobs system on its own, or combined with education.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's