AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Players Rebirth Revisited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

JohnRambo

I agree Conrad, that these new players would have "the potential" to be super powerful, but even allowing for the benefits, to make the top 50 stats would take a monumental effort to do it in under 18 months.

Whilst the potential for one of these players to be top dog in 5 years!!! I believe its the journey thats more appealing to some. Not everyone has aspirations for greatness or to be top 50, they just wanna have fun.
(2010.Apr.14 04:07 AM)zenith Wrote: [ -> ]Concerning unique items... I was thinking of making those "heirlooms" for the descendent character. So say you have a unique pair of Pistols, they could be purchased back with rebirth credits as a new item that more than likely would be a tad better than originally.

+1

What Zenith is saying that some players enjoy Awakenedlands. However, the game lacks the challenge, the feel, the building process excitement after 2-3 years into the game. They would like to start a new game to renew the same old feeling, yet, they want to hold-on to something that they have accomplished.
i'm for this but only if we change the name from rebirth to afterbirth.
Well, she may as well rebirth everyone and make all our characters NPC
The rebirthing should take the best qualities of our ancestors and add a ten day bonus to those qualities. We should take a native skill determined ancestrally that would start out at a higher level than 1.

Create a brand new site for everyone who wants to rebirth, and set it in the Awakenedlands future with archives and hall of fame sections.
What would be the requirement to rebirth?
(2010.Apr.14 08:04 AM)Troopermccue Wrote: [ -> ]i'm for this but only if we change the name from rebirth to afterbirth.

i prefer rebirtha
(2010.Apr.14 08:27 AM)Leopard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Apr.14 08:04 AM)Troopermccue Wrote: [ -> ]i'm for this but only if we change the name from rebirth to afterbirth.

i prefer rebirtha

First time
It's not the first time
Last time
No, I know I seen your place before
Maybe in a past life
Or maybe it was just last night
I don't know

TheMace

(2010.Apr.14 08:20 AM)thatthingufear Wrote: [ -> ]What would be the requirement to rebirth?

umm...firstly death...and then one hard push accompanied by a high pitch scream...that should do it!

Echothrice

(2010.Apr.14 08:04 AM)RenegadeJEDI Wrote: [ -> ]Well, she may as well rebirth everyone and make all our characters NPC
The rebirthing should take the best qualities of our ancestors and add a ten day bonus to those qualities. We should take a native skill determined ancestrally that would start out at a higher level than 1.

Create a brand new site for everyone who wants to rebirth, and set it in the Awakenedlands future with archives and hall of fame sections.

A new site seems excessive...unless it brought with it other changes.

Perhaps though, if you had to have a lvl30+ char, were able to choose certain bonuses, and it was futuristic themed (ie. laser weapons for all, futuristic crimes, gene modifications, AI assistance/NPCs, etc.)

swords=add lasers
pistols=add lasers
armor=some reflects lasers, poor vs. phys

organ theft/resale, business takeover, blackmail, kidnapping, genetic experiments, smuggling, murder, etc.

planets instead of districts

AI - like skills but purchased
- bonuses to ranged/melee chance to hit
- bonuses to laser/phys damage resist
- bonuses to evasion ranged/melee
- chance of retreat before losing
- disrupt opponent AI

some ideas...but it would be more a slightly different version of AL that required a player to have stuck with the original AL til lvl 30 at least, with some bonuses for levels above 30, stats, and credits owned/used at the time created.
Yea.......or we could all just play the game....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's