AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Reputation-1= % off items Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The rep stat could be enhanced by giving a player a 1% off store items for every lvl increased;

lvl 2 = 1% off
lvl 3 = 2% off and so on.

This would create a great advantage to those w/ high rep and create more importance for the most difficult stat to train. IMO it would certainly be better than the random travel bonus, which should @ least be a constant. Thoughts?
It wouldn't make that big of a difference buying stuff. A mill dollar item with 5% off (5 rep) would be 50k discount. While thats not bad most people in AL probably only have 2-3 rep. If the discount was bigger then maybe it would work.
speaking of rep, i got that travel bonus for the first time on the weekend...
(2010.Jan.27 03:03 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote: [ -> ]speaking of rep, i got that travel bonus for the first time on the weekend...

level 8 rep and i see it maybe 1/20 trips.
(2010.Jan.27 01:08 PM)2asandab Wrote: [ -> ]The rep stat could be enhanced by giving a player a 1% off store items for every lvl increased;

lvl 2 = 1% off

This would create a great advantage to those w/ high rep and create more importance for the most difficult stat to train. IMO it would certainly be better than the random travel bonus, which should @ least be a constant. Thoughts?

and i do like this idea.
makes sense AL version of a charisma bonus
I hearby add +1 to this idea

enndees18

GOOOD IDEA
(2010.Jan.27 01:08 PM)2asandab Wrote: [ -> ]The rep stat could be enhanced by giving a player a 1% off store items for every lvl increased;

lvl 2 = 1% off

While I like the sand, To be more realistic, it needs to be at least 3% per level, and on a scale of diminishing returns as it is leveled... like
level......-..2.....3.........4........5......6........7..........8........9...
discount - 3%, 5.9%, 8.7%, 10.4%, 13%, 15.5%, 17.9%, 19.2%,

until it is only +1% per level, and capped at 50%.

Housing could work simillarly, with a 2% discount @ level two, dropped .1% gain per level until it only gives .5% per level

level......-..2.....3.........4.......5.....6.......7.........8.......9...
discount - 2%, 3.9%, 5.7%, 7.4%, 8%, 9.5%, 10.9%, 12.2%,

So for example, lvl 9 career level would give 12.2% discount, on a 10 mil house, that is a 1.22 mil discount. Big money.
from what i've experienced, zenith does not like giving "constant" bonuses for careers and training. see all career bonuses for reference
i'm sure there could be a way to randomify this idea though. maybe have a minimum discount and a maximum discount %. like if you go to buy something and the cashier doesn't recognize you as much, just knows you're reputable, you get closer to the minimum. if they know you and like you alot you get closer to the maximum.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's