jail busting
2007.Feb.26, 03:46 PM
jail busting
ok, i am not exactly happy with the way jail busting is coded. i really have NO idea how its coded or whats involved, but it confuses the hell out of me. for some reason, when i was level 3 i was busting people out left and right - i rose my jail busting from 20% to 50%, i think i got 6 or 7 in a row at one point and my overall was like 13-4, something like that. i know part of that was luck, but my dexterity was RATING OF 2. now my dexterity is 7, and i cant seem to bust anyone out regardless of time, or myself. i got 2-3 people busted out yesterday, and failed like 6 times. my last i think 7 attempts were all failures. what... the... heck...???

is it just my luck? is my luck that bad?

i just dont understand how i can fail so often with level 7 dex and succeed so often with level 2 dex. is the game based on luck that much?
2007.Feb.26, 05:10 PM

I think it's sort of a random thing. I think of it like some days the gaurds are doing their jobs, some days they could give a drek (yes, I typed out drek) if anyone busts out.

I'm probably wrong but it's a fun way to think it.
2007.Feb.26, 10:01 PM

also check the news letter. the security atthe jail house was beefed up last month i think. its made it a lot harder to bust people out.

found it

07.January.31

* With the passing of an increased Jailhouse budget by the Awakened Lands City Council, more Jailhouse personnel will be ensuring our streets are a little safer from felons.
2007.Feb.26, 10:09 PM

"A lot harder" is a misnomer. In fact, looking at the stats, jail busting has really only gone down 1 extra success out of 20 attempts. Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.26, 10:13 PM

lol ZEn my jail bust have dropped a wholelot more than that.

to the point i can no longer do a 220minute+ anymore. basically have had to leave them alone
2007.Feb.26, 10:28 PM

i just busted myself out earlier today, breaking a near double digit failure streak. yay.
2007.Feb.26, 10:30 PM

and the failures begin again!
2007.Feb.26, 10:33 PM

As always, I look through logs to determine the actual decrease rather than conjure up random numbers. Out of over 4,000 jail busts, the decrease in success is exactly 4.994%, or pretty much 1 in 20.

Now of course this doesn't mean you are failing at that rate. I've actually decreased about 15% since the increase in the jailhouse budget, and I have the same chances as anyone else.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.26, 10:35 PM

well the thing is i started in february, so i find it weird that if that thing was implemented jan 31 that i would still have such good luck at level 3 with 2 dex and such bad luck at level 9 with 7 dex. that doesnt make much sense really
2007.Feb.26, 11:52 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:well the thing is i started in february, so i find it weird that if that thing was implemented jan 31 that i would still have such good luck at level 3 with 2 dex and such bad luck at level 9 with 7 dex. that doesnt make much sense really

I looked at your average roll, and it's surprisingly 13% higher than an average roll for busting by other players during the same time. Which means you are apparently having bad luck. This is out of 179 attempts. Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin