team crimes
2007.Feb.17, 02:02 PM
team crimes
So we have individual crimes, we have gang crimes, what about some team crimes? Maybe a house burglary that needs two people who are online to complete. Or multiple auto thefts like in Gone In 60 Seconds. You get my drift. I don't know anything about code so this could be more work than it's worth but it would be fun to be able to do some crimes with friends you have in the game, even if you're not in the same gang.
2007.Feb.17, 04:56 PM

I get it. Like one person kneels down behind the cop while the other person pushes him over! That would be cool!
2007.Feb.17, 05:27 PM

Yeah this could be an interesting idea you just need to strecth it further.

It would be easy to determine who you would do the crime with. Simply the same concept as sending a mail with the persons ID#. Then that person would get the "invite" in there events and have the option to accept or decline it. The AP a crime took would be split 50/50 between the person aswell as the profit or jail time recieved for a success or failure.

The only issue would be is how would you determine who is fit for a crime. Would a new player be able to team up with a level 30 to pull of very complex crimes such as Complex Meth Lab which a new player would never be able do on their own. Or would it be like it is now where new players can only do certain crimes in the beginning.

I think it should work by a level range. Such as a level 1 couldn't team up with a level 30 because the distance is too great. Have it so the 2 members commiting the crime had to be withing 4-5 levels apart. This would stop the advantage new members had of knowing someone who is hgiher in level.

I think it would be a good idea to have something like this set up. Also I dont know anything about coding lol I just thought I would put my opinion in,
2007.Feb.17, 07:58 PM

an unfair advantage for low lvls could be avoided. say a lvl 8 and a lvl 2 team up for a jewelry heist with an outside man on surveillance (combined lvl being 10). Upon completion of the crime the lvl 2 only gets 20% of the win (money, exp, stats). it might also give new players something extra to do that they couldn't do alone.
2007.Feb.18, 05:45 AM

I like the idea. But how could stats be decided , eg. a level 9 with 6 dex and a level 6 with 3... It would be complicated , but Zenith is able i think we should do it!
2007.Feb.18, 09:35 AM

I like the idea too and the levels max difference too although it would be cool to be able to help the new guys in other way than send them cash...

I say go with average stats. it is how it works in real life too. If 3 geniuses plans a crime and then take a real dummy to help them, something will go wrong somewhere for sure. Will they have enough intelligence and quick reaction to fix it or cover for it? That's where the average stats would do it.

I think the coding (although I'm not an expert either) would be somehow similar to the 1 for gang crime, less the activity side since both of them (or more if we could do 3 or more people crimes) need to be online at that moment to do it.

And yes, split everything, even the jail time with a ratio on level.
2007.Feb.18, 01:14 PM

ahh, as for jail time. I've noticed a conscious attempt to keep things as realistic as possible. When your neighborhood career criminal gets the local crackhead to drive the getaway car and let Mr. Criminal hide out at his pad for a while, he gets aiding and abeding (sp?) and a certain amount of time in the slammer. Minimum sentences and all that jazz. Maybe we should take that into acct.