Weapons
2007.Feb.13, 08:54 PM
Weapons
Is there a good place to find out what stats the weapons have?
Or is there a way to find out what stats help what weapons?
Or how much damage a certain weapon is capable of:
ecspecially concerned with the razor flail and razor whips
2007.Feb.13, 09:26 PM

strength improves the damage of melee weapons, accuracy improves the damage of ranged weapons. there is no way other than testing to find out what damage a weapon is capable of.
2007.Feb.13, 10:46 PM

so, is it safe to say the more expensive the better the weapon?
2007.Feb.14, 12:20 AM

Kinda, most melee as more expensive than ranged weapons but if you don't train strength much, you'll find the guns to be better(considering you did train accuracy instead).

Matt, I don't think accuracy improves the damage done by guns but more like improve the rate it hits and maybe the rate of critical hits but not regular damage. Unless you know something I don't?
2007.Feb.14, 02:14 AM

thanks, that clears it up.

Except does accuracy improve/decrease your chance of hitting with a melee or just ranged?

Reasoning is the razor whip and flail both have dex requirements. Is is safe to say that melee should mainly focus on strength and then other stuff? Or is Dex imp? Or is Acc important?
2007.Feb.14, 03:04 AM

The razorweapons are low damage/high-crit weapons. They don't hit hard on a normal hit, but do critical hits very often. While the critical hit isn't as powerful as other weapons, it's frequency makes up for it. For those who have high resistance to damage, this type of weapon does poorly unless it's a critical hit.

Basically every stat is important, but some stats affect things more than others.

Accuracy helps ranged weapons a lot, and melee weapons a bit.
Strength helps with melee weapons mostly, some ranged weapons, and helps with resisting damage a bit as well.
Dex affects both melee and ranged weapons.
Resistance, one of the least trained stats because it's hardest to train, it quite important as well.
All stats help in avoiding being hit or damaged in some way, again some more than others.

I won't be giving out any secrets. Part of the fun is trying to figure out what works best so you can get an advantage.

Some items have stat requirements because they are difficult to use without the minimum ability scores. For instance, the razorwhip requires a minimum agility just to use because whips aren't the easiest weapon to wield. Shotguns require endurance because handling the recoil takes a lot of stamina. Some melee weapons require strength just to swing effectively.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.14, 03:33 AM

Accuracy affects anything that has to do with hand-eye coordination. It helps in combat with how well you can hit a target, as well as how well you can place a bullet into someone's body. Any crime or other feat of accuracy is also affected by this attribute.

Thor, that's the description of accuracy from the official tutorial. how well you can hit a target is obviously how often you hit. how well you can place a bullet into someone's body I take as more damage from higher accuracy. it may come in the form of more crits or it may increase the regular hits' damage as well, either way it is a higher average damage.
2007.Feb.14, 03:48 AM

Resistance is just purely for reducing damage and nothing else?
2007.Feb.14, 10:08 AM

Thank You! That cleared it up.
I was wondering why the whip was doing such high damages! and so many misses and low amounts and now i understand why (critical hits!) Thank you.