Unequipping
2009.Jul.22, 07:37 PM
Unequipping
When I first started playing this game I thought Mudpies told me that one you equipped an item and trained in it a bit that it only improved the performance. However by removing the item you lose a bit of that additional performance from the item and when you re-equip its gonna take more training to get back to the best results you previously had.

History has shown this to not be the case. People equip and reequip without any penalty or anything.

Maybe putting something along these lines would show those nasty unequippers

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2009.Jul.22, 07:46 PM
RE: Unequipping
(2009.Jul.22 07:37 PM)g2o2d4wp Wrote:  When I first started playing this game I thought Mudpies told me that one you equipped an item and trained in it a bit that it only improved the performance. However by removing the item you lose a bit of that additional performance from the item and when you re-equip its gonna take more training to get back to the best results you previously had.

History has shown this to not be the case. People equip and reequip without any penalty or anything.

This is not such a bad idea as long as there is no penalty for upgrading your weapon. A good way around that is to code it for defense only so that if you're like me, and a couple other people I know, and check out new weapons, borrow someones from time to time to check it out or whatever.
2009.Jul.22, 07:49 PM
(2009.Jul.22 07:37 PM)g2o2d4wp Wrote:  When I first started playing this game I thought Mudpies told me that one you equipped an item and trained in it a bit that it only improved the performance. However by removing the item you lose a bit of that additional performance from the item and when you re-equip its gonna take more training to get back to the best results you previously had.

That's a pretty cool idea.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Jul.22, 07:54 PM

Honestly sometimes when I reequip my weapon I find this to be the case. Ive almost posted this sometimes. Whether its awful pvp or hideout hits. And it seemed to last for a day or so. IDK.

Zen, can you confirm or deny G2's or mine/MP's theory?Ninja

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2009.Jul.22, 07:57 PM
i agree, that would be a nice add, and it would teach those that did take off thier equipment a lesson
2009.Jul.22, 07:57 PM
(2009.Jul.22 07:54 PM)superdude Wrote:  

Honestly sometimes when I reequip my weapon I find this to be the case. Ive almost posted this sometimes. Whether its awful pvp or hideout hits. And it seemed to last for a day or so. IDK.

Zen, can you confirm or deny G2's or mine/MP's theory?Ninja

You get the benefit of whatever weapon you are using the moment it is equipped. No tricky stuff.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Jul.22, 07:59 PM
(2009.Jul.22 07:49 PM)zenith Wrote:  

That's a pretty cool idea.

+1
2009.Jul.22, 08:01 PM
i dont like this idea at all.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Jul.22, 08:03 PM
(2009.Jul.22 08:01 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  i dont like this idea at all.

I would have never expected that from you!!Twisted
2009.Jul.22, 08:05 PM
the only thing i see wrong with the idea is for the users who unequip to change over to a hideout weapon, But those people will have to get some ranks in MA skill i guess....

but i like the idea...

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.