A new skill suggestion
2009.Jul.11, 12:13 AM
A new skill suggestion
Since now, we got electronics skill, here is a theme we could exploit a little:

Knowledge - Shielding technology

Awakened Lands personal and hideout different shielding technologies mostly are fueled by the same essential energy source. Even tough the length of activation of each type may differ from one model to another, the loss of power while not using the devices to there full extent can be reduced by a skilled user, inducing better defense rates and a lower power reduction over fights.

Defense - Head protection *2

Basic in most of Awakened Lands neighborhood, helmets off all kind are most common for there direct head protection, preventing fatal head shots so typical between quick gang fights. Wear it with style, or complete with armor, but getting the right hat for your head will with experience prevent a critical hit from time to time. This skill is doubled for every hour studied.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.11 12:13 AM by JakeBlues.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Jul.11, 12:16 AM
RE: A new skill suggestion
I like them, but on the head protection, it says doubled with every hour studied. shouldnt it be every skill level?
2009.Jul.11, 12:19 AM
(2009.Jul.11 12:16 AM)thatthingufear Wrote:  I like them, but on the head protection, it says doubled with every hour studied. shouldnt it be every skill level?

Could be. The way i tought it, I meant to say that everytime you click to study, it is double the average you'd get on a different skill for the same time trained at a similar skill lvl.

2009.Jul.11, 12:25 AM
Ah, so you wanted that skill to train double fast opposed to others?
2009.Jul.11, 03:33 AM
belts are too strong as it is in my opinion.
2009.Jul.11, 09:33 AM
(2009.Jul.11 03:33 AM)buuddha Wrote:  belts are too strong as it is in my opinion.

Agreed. There should be a skill for offense that gives a chance to completely destroy the belt (0% charge) with a well placed shot, swing, jab, whatever. Razz
2009.Jul.11, 10:05 AM
(2009.Jul.11 09:33 AM)BadLuck Wrote:  
(2009.Jul.11 03:33 AM)buuddha Wrote:  belts are too strong as it is in my opinion.

Agreed. There should be a skill for offense that gives a chance to completely destroy the belt (0% charge) with a well placed shot, swing, jab, whatever. Razz

Or one that allows penetration of the electric field.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2009.Jul.11, 10:07 AM
(2009.Jul.11 09:33 AM)BadLuck Wrote:  

+1
2009.Jul.11, 11:14 PM
Belts are too strong....

Well, why not use them? Oh, maybe cause the armor investment has already been made (end).... Or maybe cause the build differences make the belt usage results different from a user to another.

Adding a skill may or may not be something liked or necessary, but saying a piece of gear is too strong while it requires ongoing investments on recharge and be used by anyone with no reqs at all is plain nonsense.

Use it or loose it

2009.Jul.12, 12:55 PM
im not saying that i dont use belts, because i do.
im just saying that i think that adding a skill to make a group of items even more effective than they already are is kind of pointless.