About getting new referrals
2009.Jul.01, 11:58 AM
About getting new referrals
Getting old retired/inactive players to come back should be a priority. Much more than sucky referrals.

Don't get me wrong, you can get a good one once in a while. But people that got story in here are always much more of a challenge for the whole community.
Hi Err
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.01 12:01 PM by JakeBlues.
2009.Jul.01, 12:08 PM
RE: About getting new referrals
Two problems with your plan here:
1. From an admin standpoint, having more players looks good, and is more likely to attract others to play.
2. From an owner point of view, many of the ex-retirees are not going to donate ( I would think), whilst new players are going to so that they can get better.

That being said, I, personally, like this idea. If all the old fogies came back, the game would have a player base more skewed towards high levels, thus making it more fun for other high levels. Also, the addition of these would be too much stress for current gangs; new gangs would have to be made to accommodate these new players, and thus there would be more of a struggle to be the best gang.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2009.Jul.01, 12:12 PM
(2009.Jul.01 12:08 PM)Accipender Wrote:  If all the old fogies came back, the game would have a player base more skewed towards high levels, thus making it more fun for other high levels. Also, the addition of these would be too much stress for current gangs; new gangs would have to be made to accommodate these new players, and thus there would be more of a struggle to be the best gang.

Agreed.

And truth is, almost everyone is friend outside of the game with others, through mail/forums/msn and other games.

It's been done before. And would fuck royally the community. That would be quite a motivation.
2009.Jul.01, 12:14 PM
Apparently BigRod's been lurking in the fora...

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2009.Jul.01, 12:19 PM
Seen that. Trying to reach him on msn.

It's a sign.
2009.Jul.01, 01:03 PM
The apocalypse is upon us......flee for your lives. Hide your bacon stores. Run madly about screaming nonsense....oh wait, that's no different than any other day.

My bad.

Carry on.