What has happened to AL.
2009.Jun.17, 12:23 AM
RE: What has happened to AL.
(2009.Jun.16 06:20 PM)ShadowKid Wrote:  1.The forums seem so dead.....
2.The games seems alot more quiet then it was before.

1.Because Mud,Biff and other players with some humor dont post,on forum post only sad people and the problem is if you mock them they will hosp you for long time...

2.No....for me is so exciting in these days...gym,crimes...You must come back SK and try to be the best...Smile

-B-

He is back....
2009.Jun.17, 12:25 AM
Maybe a bunch of people should throw down on a gang, join in on it, and go on a rampage through AL every once in a while. A delegate or 2 from every gang goes into this one big gang and tears everything to crap..Hosps, constant warring, straight giving everyone and everything crap for a week every month..

That'd keep things exciting.
2009.Jun.17, 12:43 AM
(2009.Jun.16 08:41 PM)ZeonOne Wrote:  Plus, have you realized that most of he new player don't post in the forum. That's not helping.

I know a lot of people i talk to ingame that dont post/read in the forums, I ask why, i get the same answer..

"too much bitching and moaning, who wants to read 10-20 pages of people complaining"

usually something along those lines anyways...

is that true, for the most part in my opinion...yes...

and whenever a new player brings something to the forums whether it be an idea or just other banter, it seems like they get shoved aside for the most part because they're new...

again just my opinion...and wtf is my opinion worth anyways, i think im still too new lol...

(when do you officially lose Noob status anyways lol...seriously)

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2009.Jun.17, 01:08 AM
(2009.Jun.17 12:25 AM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  .Hosps, constant warring, straight giving everyone and everything drek for a week every month..

That'd keep things exciting.

we already have that. they call themselves the "x-pats".
2009.Jun.17, 03:35 AM
I saw the userlist reach nearly 1500 players. Then when i looked the other day it was close to only 1000. So around a third of AL players have disappeared, which is why i think it has been so quiet.

I have not been around much so i dont really know what happened in the few months i took off, but i think that Marlo is right about it needing new concepts for the older players.

But i do think that the Space Wranglers and the X Pats keep things interesting in their own unique ways! And SV run community competitions in the forums. You have got to ask yourself what exactly you and your gang has done for the AL community recently before complaining about others.

But yea, i want to buy a Beach House, but i dont feel comfortable dropping the cash into something that i think is failing at the moment...definitely need more advertising to draw in new players!

I still dont know how i feel about the skills system. On one hand it gives players who have played for years a safety net, as a new player cant just come in, drop a load of cash and catch them. However it is also another barrier to them being able to reach the top. The log-in page for this game promotes becoming the best, that is almost every persons goal, but it is now much more difficult and i think once new players realise that they move on.
2009.Jun.17, 07:48 AM
I did get alittle miffied last night about this. Imagine if I drank? lol

Instead of thinking about what to vent about next. I actually thought of an idea myself.

Changing the game in some way that forces older players to communicate more with the younger players. Like maybe restricting older players from the lower districts. Older players could not wipe them out in wars They would have to have some noob buddies. Or make an AL mall you have to travel to instead of the districts. So we could buy stims. Still have to travel between districts to pvp, and add travel to the mall.
2009.Jun.17, 07:58 AM
I had a friend that didn't know what to do once he joined and quite within 3 minutes....that was a sad referral. I had even mailed him ingame once I saw the event of him joining but it was to late.

My point here is that we may be able to keep more players (and possibly get them to donate too) if we can have some kind of system for an older player to contact/help out newbs when they join. Maybe even an automated mail from Zen and then an older member thats online contacting them within 5 minutes.

I know we have a small tutorial but not many people will take the time to read it. Also, since this would take time away from the older players maybe there could be an incentive involved for them.

Just an idea to keep more players. Now tear it to shreds or add to it please.
2009.Jun.17, 08:05 AM
IMO older players are at a disadvantage since we didn't have skills sine day one as younger players do. I'm level 35 rank 7 shotty. There are level 20's with a level equal or higher than that. Also this game IMO is turning into the RPG torn City which is much less a community based game.

Then you have the gang situation. All the power players are in one big gang that tends to seperate themselves from the community. Again making it a pointless gang since there can be no rival to it. If the people in AL cared about the future of this game they would spread out and create fairly equal gangs. This would prompt more interest from close gang wars and spike the interest of other players to keep up instead of catching up.

Pretty much this game is set up to take your money then burn you out. [/align]
2009.Jun.17, 08:20 AM
what i think is the main reason for the shortage of wars(not only gang wars but hosps and all that) is the lack of Hitmans
yes it's true that we have Howl and RJ but it's just not the same. back in the day when Pullo and loki were around(and later on Loki and w00k) players were a lot more mouthy and hosps were going down more often because the top 2 players were independent from any crew(i'm ignoring the time before the end of loki's and w00k's careers when they joined X-pats) and people knew that even if it costs A LOT(specially for noobs) they could still get the satisfaction of seeing their enemies in the hospital. the current hitmans while crazy strong(compared to the majority of ALers) aren't the top and more than that are bound by groups and so people are afraid to use them

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2009.Jun.17, 08:24 AM
Another fail by deathwing...magine that...lol