Quick question...
2007.Jan.05, 06:57 PM
Quick question...
So I noticed the player "DeadBugInFood" in jail:

In jail for 3422 minutes. Reason : Needed a refresher course with Bubba!

I also noticed that he is a Moderator. If someone is in jail for that long, in my mind that implies that they are cheating (using some sort of macro). So would it be safe to assume that administration in this game cheats?
2007.Jan.05, 07:01 PM

While it is easy to see how his actions would give you that impression, the short answer to your question is absolutely not. That noble moderator is just simply abusing game mechanics to avoid the hospital during war. The true admins here are top notch.
2007.Jan.05, 07:09 PM

he is avoiding taking a severe beating for absolutely no reason by jack here. if he's is going to have his playing privelages taken away he prefers to do it himself rather than having other players do it for him.
2007.Jan.05, 07:48 PM

There are only 2 people who have access to any function in the game that deals with things players have no access to, myself and Err. We don't have any reason to cheat since we mostly just log in to make sure things are running smoothly. As you can tell by our levels, we spend most of our time making sure the game is fair rather than actually getting time to play.

As for moderators, they are here to ensure our forums are professional and tidy. They have the ability to remove obscenities and eliminate spam. This is their function and no other. In-game they have access to things just like other players. They receive no benefits or bonuses except the title "Moderator".

As for an explanation to his time in jail, there will be none. We will always decline to comment on staff issues publically.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jan.06, 02:58 AM

Well I certainly respect your professionalism. I'm fairly new to the game, so I didn't realize that was the reason for his large amount of jailtime. Of course, that in some way seems like cheating or if nothing else, it seems cheap.

Anyway, the only reason I asked was because I caught onto some cheating (between admin. and players) in another similar game. I guess I'm paranoid and don't like to see it. Thanks for the clarification.

~Rage
2007.Jan.06, 03:17 AM

well, I'll speak for him- he was forced into not playing through real life problems. That leaves his account inactive, and he didn't want himself getting beaten from pillar to post while he's not even there, so he took the only route available to him.

You can call it cheap, you can call it cheating, whatever you want. But he risks problems in his life by continuing playing, didn't want to, and didn't want to let us down either. Only solution for him.
2007.Jan.06, 02:09 PM

i've wound up in jail for 4 days due to....well....let's just call it stupidity...LOL i got mad over something and intentionally hit refresh a few times, thinking it would put me in for a few hours..... turned out to be a few days....LOL

that was done manually. no macros, etc.

if you look in federal jail, there are people there who've used macros, etc. they wouldn't go to the standard jail. and the federal jail shows that cheating like that isn't tolerated.

how deadbug (or whatever dru's current name is...lol) got there was within the guidelines of the rules.

usually that's there to prevent people from cheating....but he used it in reverse to protect his account and gang while he sorts RL.
2007.Jan.06, 03:29 PM

i doubt hes protecting his gang... by prolonging the war, the active members of his gang will continue to take a beating for a longer period of time, while an inactive player does nothing anyway. :roll:

im fine with it, more war. Biggrin

i do smell a potential future issue here however
2007.Jan.06, 04:53 PM

I havent been playing much this x-mas and due to alot of RL stress i cant be playing much for the coming week/weeks. And i didnt want this to damage my gang mates, so i put myself into jail while they were in war to give them a fighting chance without me losing 20 respect a day without a chance to gain it back. At that time I was to stressed out to see that I acted in a thoughtless manner. Sorry about that.

The "potential" issue is quite easily solved.

Refresher course with Bubba is automatically transferred to Fed Jail, where the account can be attacked. I believe I have voiced this suggestion before also.

Yet again, in light of the "witty remark" from Trips, I did the best thing I thought I could do for my gangmates at a time I'm hindered from playing game.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Jan.06, 05:59 PM

Quote:Refresher course with Bubba is automatically transferred to Fed Jail, where the account can be attacked. I believe I have voiced this suggestion before also.

not a bad idea