Time Limit on post/thread editing.
2009.Apr.12, 07:01 PM
Time Limit on post/thread editing.
Quote:Sorry but you cannot edit your post. The Administrator has set it so that posts can only be edited within 1440 minutes of posting.

Hmm...
Need to edit my sticky with some updates. Could a mod or admin help me out please.
2009.Apr.14, 12:56 AM
RE: Time Limit on post/thread editing.
(2009.Apr.12 07:01 PM)90ranajo Wrote:  
Quote:Sorry but you cannot edit your post. The Administrator has set it so that posts can only be edited within 1440 minutes of posting.

Hmm...
Need to edit my sticky with some updates. Could a mod or admin help me out please.

Which post?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Apr.14, 01:24 AM
i could've sworn i brought this up before but i guess not.

i'm pretty sure it's any NEW threads you start.
i cant seem to edit any threads that i created.
for example, my contest thread. i had to get weebay and jola to edit it for me.
This post was last modified: 2009.Apr.14 01:24 AM by LikeWhoa.

kick the real world in the sac
2009.Apr.14, 11:44 AM
Reason it was set to 24 hours was because there were cases where old topics were being edited that really altered the meaning of the entire thread after the fact. Is there a better time limit?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Apr.14, 11:54 AM
well it does does say 1440 minutes/24 hours, but i still cant edit it after 24 hours.

2009.Apr.14, 12:04 PM
This is in regards to the sticky'd unique item list. I went to update it with some of the new items and new info and got the FU message.

I don't really have too big of a gripe about it. It just makes it more difficult and inefficient to get updates done by involving a third party.
2009.Apr.14, 12:12 PM
it's happening to all the new threads started by the original poster.
i cant edit my "you know what would be awesome?" thread, nor can i edit my "contest for the month of april" thread.

2009.Apr.14, 04:54 PM
Thats because after 24 hours you can no longer edit the posts. I've asked Zenith about this via in game mail and she told me that it would be a pain to try to code it to allow like the Trade Mod forum to have access to editing the main post.

Ideally, the OP should be able to edit at LEAST the information in the post, not the topic title. I've seen that on forums before, but do not think that they were php based.