IP ADDRESS ERROR
2006.Dec.15, 08:24 PM
IP ADDRESS ERROR
I am trying to send a weapon to my friend and can not. We work on the same military insatllation and it must appear that we are on the same IP. Help Smile
2006.Dec.15, 09:26 PM

Already gotcha taken care of!

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2006.Dec.15, 11:39 PM
Re: IP ADDRESS ERROR
Ushanewnewba Wrote:I am trying to send a weapon to my friend and can not. We work on the same military insatllation and it must appear that we are on the same IP. Help Smile

That's not an error, that's a tribute to people who like to create multiple accounts.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Dec.19, 12:39 AM

Thank you, you guys are really on top of things Smile
2007.Jan.18, 03:36 PM

Is there any way to get around this? I got my coworker addicted to the game and want to give him a cash gift to aid his process. I understand the reasoning for the rule but I hope there's exceptions.
2007.Jan.18, 04:35 PM

Is there anyway to change how ip logging works so that it goes by your last ip address connected from? All of us who play together here on post still cannot send items to each other, even when we are at home because it goes by your registered ip. I don't see anyway that updating latest ip addresses could be exploited really.
2007.Jan.18, 08:12 PM

TheGeek Wrote:Is there anyway to change how ip logging works so that it goes by your last ip address connected from? All of us who play together here on post still cannot send items to each other, even when we are at home because it goes by your registered ip. I don't see anyway that updating latest ip addresses could be exploited really.

Ever since this system was implemented, the number of cheaters dropped dramatically, freeing us up to work on things other than policing players. Using a proxy to change the last IP you use was easy to get around the old system. All anyone would need to do is create 20 or 30 accounts, have them get a job, and presto instant cash every day.

For those "exceptions", that's what I am for. Don't be afraid to mail me in-game.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jan.19, 06:12 PM

I've used you SEVERAL times before and I appreciate what you have done for us ( Geek, Ushanewnewba, koor, OEF5, Spyder). Is there any way, if someone wants something passed on and you are not online, giving them a list of people (you contacting the "middle man" first) that they might use as an alternative?

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin