Can someone explain this?
2009.Mar.13, 08:49 PM
Can someone explain this?
I just started the game a couple of days ago, but this REALLY confuses me:

Earlier today I increased my Dexterity from 5 to 6, but now my failure rate at ALL crimes is HIGHER than at Dexterity 5 and my bust rate is almost TRIPLE what it was before!

It makes no sense at all. I haven't increased level during this time and I've spent over 100 AP since I got the 6th point of Dexterity, so I don't think it's a sample size anomaly.

While I'm on the subject of things that don't make sense , why is it that I can send mail to someone using their ID number, but not using their name?
Seriously, I'd like to thank the folks who keep busting me out of jail, just as a courtesy, but apparently the emails I send using their names never get to them. This is making me look UNGRATEFUL!

- Phineaus
2009.Mar.13, 08:51 PM
RE: Can someone explain this?
A lot of activities on awakenedlands are on a set mathematical formula, while it may seem that sometimes success/fail rates are schewed, most of it is just pure randomness, increase in stats will almost always be beneficial, if you've noticed otherwise, its likely a case of bad luck

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns
2009.Mar.13, 09:19 PM
(2009.Mar.13 08:49 PM)Phineaus Wrote:  While I'm on the subject of things that don't make sense , why is it that I can send mail to someone using their ID number, but not using their name?
Seriously, I'd like to thank the folks who keep busting me out of jail, just as a courtesy, but apparently the emails I send using their names never get to them. This is making me look UNGRATEFUL!

- Phineaus

People change their names is the reason I've thought up, might be right might be wrong.
If you want to send mails, go to your 'events' page, click on the names of people who have busted you (they should be hyperlinks) and click 'send mail' at the top. This always sends the mails to the right person. Hope this helped.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2009.Mar.13, 09:20 PM
You can click on their name in your event, and then chose the send mail option.
2009.Mar.14, 01:17 AM
(2009.Mar.13 08:51 PM)Prophesy Wrote:  A lot of activities on awakenedlands are on a set mathematical formula, while it may seem that sometimes success/fail rates are schewed, most of it is just pure randomness, increase in stats will almost always be beneficial, if you've noticed otherwise, its likely a case of bad luck

Bad luck is a transient phenomena, my success/fail rate may fall into this category (I have actually had a few strings of 3 or 4 successes now) but my BUST rate certainly does not.

My bust ratio has climbed steadily since I got to Dexterity 6, were this simply 'bad luck' the phenomena would NOT persist, yet it does persist.

The increase from Dexterity 5 to Dexterity 6 most certainly has NOT been beneficial where my bust ratio is concerned:
When my Dexterity was 5 my bust percentage was 3.2
Since my Dexterity increased to 6 that has risen steadily to it's present 4.2%

I did not change the types of crimes I attempted (90% 'Coin' cons, 10% 'Two Dice' cons), the ONLY change was my Dexterity increasing.

I can only conclude that I fall into the 'almost always' category you mention.

- Phineaus
2009.Mar.14, 01:57 AM
(2009.Mar.13 08:51 PM)Prophesy Wrote:  A lot of activities on awakenedlands are on a set mathematical formula, while it may seem that sometimes success/fail rates are schewed, most of it is just pure randomness, increase in stats will almost always be beneficial, if you've noticed otherwise, its likely a case of bad luck

^^^^what he said.....Eek
Dude...for money is one formula:increase stats->level up

-B-

He is back....
2009.Mar.14, 10:40 AM
(2009.Mar.14 01:57 AM)Batman Wrote:  ^^^^what he said.....Eek
Dude...for money is one formula:increase stats->level up

-B-

But know that -> lvl up comes with a price.

Depends if you want to be strong for your lvl, or weak.

All in all, patience is your best friend. Even if it is hard.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Mar.14, 11:38 AM
(2009.Mar.14 10:40 AM)Gornikel Wrote:  But know that -> lvl up comes with a price.

Depends if you want to be strong for your lvl, or weak.

All in all, patience is your best friend. Even if it is hard.

Very good info! Take it slow, be strong for your level. Knowing what I know know now, if I could start over I would do things alot different.

Dump some credits into intel, work on your stats and you will do better. The randomness factor can last days sometimes where even the most skilled of a player has a long run of bad luck.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2009.Mar.14, 03:33 PM
being "Strong for your level" will help you against people your level or a little higher.

levelling early and training later will help you against everyone else Smile
-> you get more energy to train, more AP to use, and you refresh both faster. no brainer Wink

in any case, from what i've experienced, sometimes, when you reach a plateau (lets say level 5 with a 6 dexterity rating..) your weak crimes become HARDER (or ... maybe you earn less cash as i did with the 9AP grand theft auto around level 15)

it might be time for you to step it up to the 3AP pickpocketting crime. see how you do robbing a drifter. also, your bust % shouldnt be 4.2.. did it RISE 4.2%, or do you bust people 4 times out of 100? cuz the average is around 40% i believe. go for smaller jail times!

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2009.Mar.15, 11:15 AM
what poptart saidSmirk