Poll: Would you want to be able to take a slight decrease in skills to be able to Switch your Skill?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Skills
2009.Feb.23, 05:14 PM

no! you cant just trade a specialization by another.. if you want to learn new things you must start it from the beginning..

"No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." - Fernando Pessoa
2009.Feb.23, 05:31 PM

NiteSlayer Wrote:So what you are saying is that you made a mistake and I did not so you want change how the game is played for your benefit. What is in it for me. What I am saying is that it only benefits a few in the game not everyone. That is not fair to the ones that made their pick and want to stay with it.

ok well having that said i understand your point. but it is my point that since you dont want to switch it then your all set and happy with your skills.

however i am not. and iif you were in a situation where you wanted to change somthing that benefitted you and not me i would still at least consider it. im not asking for anything more than what i have already earned myself. infact im taking a loss so why would those of you who dont need to change it even care.

INFACT it would benefit those of you who DONT change it even more.

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.
2009.Feb.23, 05:44 PM

It would benefit me even more if you had to start over Twisted instead of getting a jump start on a skill you will use. I may have changed my skill if I knew what I know now but I have way to much time invested into my lvl 8 skill to change it now. So I am going to make the most of it. I will say you are right I don't really care it just seems to me that people are always trying to get things changed to benefit them. Like with the rules on the busting contest. This topic just hit me wrong.

You attack Evil Elf 13. You hit for 1735 damage. Evil Elf 13 resists 11 damage for a total of 1724 damage. You have killed Evil Elf 13! Congrats, you found a candy cane!
2009.Feb.23, 05:51 PM

NiteSlayer Wrote:So what you are saying is that you made a mistake and I did not so you want change how the game is played for your benefit. What is in it for me. What I am saying is that it only benefits a few in the game not everyone. That is not fair to the ones that made their pick and want to stay with it.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2009.Feb.23, 05:54 PM

NiteSlayer Wrote:It would benefit me even more if you had to start over Twisted instead of getting a jump start on a skill you will use. I may have changed my skill if I knew what I know now but I have way to much time invested into my lvl 8 skill to change it now. So I am going to make the most of it. I will say you are right I don't really care it just seems to me that people are always trying to get things changed to benefit them. Like with the rules on the busting contest. This topic just hit me wrong.

yea but im not adressing a select few people to benefit and excluding the rest im suggesting that the option be availible for EVERYONE.

all im sayin is we drop Real Life cash into this fictional game and try to make the best of it. if some of us made a mistake by choosing the wrong skill we should be able to at least correct it while taking a loss. im not asking for anything special. just the ability to keep my knowledge and apply it to a different skill.

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.
2009.Feb.23, 05:57 PM

I would like to change some of my skill hours over to what I am currently using. I would have to argue that moving something like axe to handgun wouldn't really make sense. But maybe short blade to long blade or vise versa, or rifle to shotgun could work.

And I think moving hours instead of skill levels would be more accurate (even though it will be harder to code) because ranks 1 and 2 in one would not equal going between rank 5 and 6 in another.
2009.Feb.23, 06:09 PM

hindsight being 20/20, I would've focused all my skill training on Axe since day 1 it was introduced. instead i have a level 5 in MA (which I'm definitely benefiting from a gang war perspective), almost level 4 Axe and a handful of level 1, 2 and 3 in other things.

back when the system was introduced, i hadn't committed to axe yet...and as most players in the teens/low 20's, there is such a variety of weapons to choose from that its tough to pick a path and stick with it (i was originally aiming for shotgun but as my stats got closer to Ono and the End was in reach I finally committed to Axe)

that being said, I think we should have to live with our decisions...its part of the learning process in the game. But I'll be damned if I wouldn't take advantage of converting all those wasted skills to something worth while if the opportunity arose!
2009.Feb.23, 06:16 PM

well imo the best solution would be for zen to ad a change skill option that would charge creds(yeah i ripped of the ideea of another game and if you got a problem go yell at a tree Razz ) and in order to avoid abuse make it more expensive every time you use it
for example 1st change 5000creds
2nd chance 7500 and so on

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.